Donovan Pinscher - Working Dog Forum
Welcome to the Working Dog Forum.
Advertise
Header

Working Dog Forum » General Conversation » General Working Dog Discussion » Donovan Pinscher

General Working Dog Discussion If it's about working dogs and doesn't fit in another forum, it goes in here. General questions, general discussion, etc.

tcat left
Donovan Pinscher
vBmenu Seperating Image LinkBack Thread Tools vBmenu Seperating Image Display Modes vBmenu Seperating Image
Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dominance Arising

Training: Undecided
Donovan Pinscher

I have seen alot of these dogs lately and some look more herder while others look more bully, I have a little info of them, but when did they start and with what two breeds? Kinds of breeds in there lines?

Anyone see them in person? Are they in your sport? PD?

The ones I see, are really nice for the most part, Im curious to see the litters as a whole as far as consistency of the litters?

Are there noses good for detection/search work?

Any knowledge and hands on experience is appreciated.
Kevin Cyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Please visit our Sponsor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Protection Sports
re: Donovan Pinscher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cyr View Post
I have seen alot of these dogs lately and some look more herder while others look more bully, I have a little info of them, but when did they start and with what two breeds? Kinds of breeds in there lines?

The ones I see, are really nice for the most part, Im curious to see the litters as a whole as far as consistency of the litters?

Are there noses good for detection/search work?

only seen a couple...I liked them as well.

have not much of a clue what is in there actually. Some KNPV stuff, some APBT, some Bulldog, some Presa, some Bandog...are what I have heard so far..I think Dom tossed in lots of dogs, no clue as to the consistency either.
I know the program has taken huge hits for various reasons, to be honest ,I am not even sure how many dogs are left in the breeding bin...but I know that Dom is not giving up ....

I'll ask Dom about the hunt/search/detect stuff. see what he says, and if he has any video.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Please Register!
Old 01-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Training: Basic OB

I can tell you they all work! Domonick Donovan is the creater, he seems to be a showman and is a controversial character. If you want to "learn" more google them, they tend to fill the dog boards with controversy.
They have over 20 different breeds in them. Donovan bred what he had on hand, and then tight line breed them. I have spoken with him and he basically said he line bred the best mixes which often were to Dutch Shepherd, game dogs, and Presa crosses. A dash of mastiff/bandogs, city mutts, and shepherd but no Doberman or bully stuff! He has an older dog named Scratch, that was on one of Randy Hare's detection videos. Randy Hare also owns a DP named Kong. He has placed a few dogs on SWAT/police forces. He line breds heavily to Tiger (psa 1) and Scratch (psa 1 two times first place). He has a fourth generation titled DP. He culls ruthlessly based on performance so on average I am not sure of litter consistency.
My personal dog is a small 65lb DP, like him a lot. I think from my experience my dog differs from traditional breeds, in that he is very junk yard guard dog like, and rarely barks... very reactive.
I see great potential in them as a line or breed...
Darryl

Please Register!

Old 01-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Training: Schutzhund

While I know very little about the Donovan Pinscher, I do know that the creator of the breed frequence the board below

boardhttp://members.boardhost.com/bandog/

Here's some videos of his dogs

Hooah
http://blip.tv/k9donovan/donovan-pinscher-hooah-735399

Hooah brother Chapo
http://blip.tv/chapo10/chapo-541189
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxr1ZUy9rxA

4 week old pups
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIXchAlXmIs

Please Register!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Broke the Bark Collar

Training: Protection Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrel Martin View Post
I can tell you they all work! Domonick Donovan is the creater, he seems to be a showman and is a controversial character. If you want to "learn" more google them, they tend to fill the dog boards with controversy.
They have over 20 different breeds in them. Donovan bred what he had on hand, and then tight line breed them. I have spoken with him and he basically said he line bred the best mixes which often were to Dutch Shepherd, game dogs, and Presa crosses. A dash of mastiff/bandogs, city mutts, and shepherd but no Doberman or bully stuff! He has an older dog named Scratch, that was on one of Randy Hare's detection videos. Randy Hare also owns a DP named Kong. He has placed a few dogs on SWAT/police forces. He line breds heavily to Tiger (psa 1) and Scratch (psa 1 two times first place). He has a fourth generation titled DP. He culls ruthlessly based on performance so on average I am not sure of litter consistency.
My personal dog is a small 65lb DP, like him a lot. I think from my experience my dog differs from traditional breeds, in that he is very junk yard guard dog like, and rarely barks... very reactive.
I see great potential in them as a line or breed...
Darryl
which video of Randy's? if the On Target...which disk? 1,2,3...any idea?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Please Register!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Training: French Ring

I've owned one 2005 vice champ psa 1. I agree with everyone else he used what ever was available , a wide range of dogs. Don't think they are any better than the herders i've owned. When I buy a good herder I know almost what I would be getting type and character. Not sure you can know that with so may types of dogs bred together. I'll stick with my herders.
Timothy Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Saunders View Post
I've owned one 2005 vice champ psa 1. I agree with everyone else he used what ever was available , a wide range of dogs. Don't think they are any better than the herders i've owned. When I buy a good herder I know almost what I would be getting type and character. Not sure you can know that with so may types of dogs bred together. I'll stick with my herders.
What dog was the dogs name? What didn't you like about it? I am always trying to tell people how they differ from a shepherd!

Please Register!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Bit the Handler

Training: French Ring

dogs name was Demon. As he matured he got very unpredictable . Aggression for no reason. you could feed him today and he was your best friend . you try again tomorrow and he would try to attack you. They do differ from shepherds .
Timothy Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!
Old 01-03-2013, 12:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy Saunders View Post
dogs name was Demon. As he matured he got very unpredictable . Aggression for no reason. you could feed him today and he was your best friend . you try again tomorrow and he would try to attack you. They do differ from shepherds .
Funny you say that! Someone who has been staying with me for months went away for xmas and came in town tonight. Phone rang and she called to say... she couldn't get in the house because he was acting weird and growling! She has cared for him since a pup, but we worked it out by her giving him OB commands through tthe fence until he settled down!. Hope it doesn't become an issue.

Please Register!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ankle Biter

Training: Mondio Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Cyr View Post

Yes two-great dogs, sport.

The ones I see, are really nice for the most part, Im curious to see the litters as a whole as far as consistency of the litters? Dont know about consistency,

Are there noses good for detection/search work? you can use any able dog to do detection work.

I noticed them being handler friendly, w good nerves. My friend went and bought a Canis Panther
(another designer mutt). The dog was weaker than wet bread. I told him to get a DP if he wants a working designer mutt. He got one and loves him.
dewon fields is offline   Reply With Quote

Please Register!