Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did a track last night for the highway patrol. didn't find the guy and to make matters worse, about 4 hours later i noticed i had a tick in my arm. i freaked out a little bit. i'm not the greatest with bugs, especially when they've burrowed themselves in my flesh. i'd rather confront an armed badguy then have a bug digging his way into my body.

that was my first tick. hopefully my last. disgusting creatures...

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Tim Martens said:
that was my first tick. hopefully my last. disgusting creatures...
You're kidding me. Were you raised in a bubble?

Eat a teaspoon full of black pepper. Seriously. If the bite mark is still there in five hours, take a teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Staves off tick meglomalisia better than the cycle of shots you'll need.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
I had and continue to have relatively good hygiene in my life...ticks are pretty damn common if you walk through woods. Did you smoke them all out of California or something?

·
Registered
676 Posts
You guys are wuss, when I was a kid living in the country, I used to pull the tick out of my dogs and squeeze on one end with my fingers and the blood will squirk out the other end, that is how I killed them, I am very good at it, never ever gets blood in my fingers :p

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Tim Martens said:
Woody Taylor said:
better than the cycle of shots you'll need.
no shots. i had a tetnus (sp?) about two years ago. they just said to watch for any redness/rash and i'd be good to go...
I would call your doctor right now and ask about genital meglomalisia. Nothing to do with tetanus.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Tim Martens said:
Your search - genital meglomalisia - did not match any documents.
Don't know if I'm spelling it right. Like I said, we called it something different that described the symptoms (other than the intense pain) pretty well. Just not the nicest name in the world. Sets in about 36 hours after the initial bite...if the tick that bit you was dark with some coloration on its back, good chance you will join the "butter club."

That's why I'm saying eat some pepper now, it will make the bed rest shorter.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Woody Taylor said:
Tim Martens said:
Your search - genital meglomalisia - did not match any documents.
Don't know if I'm spelling it right. Like I said, we called it something different that described the symptoms (other than the intense pain) pretty well. Just not the nicest name in the world. Sets in about 36 hours after the initial bite...if the tick that bit you was dark with some coloration on its back, good chance you will join the "butter club."

That's why I'm saying eat some pepper now, it will make the bed rest shorter.
it was definately dark. didn't see any coloration on it's back. when he took it out and squeezed it, no blood came out of the little SOB, so he hadn't gotten into my blood system yet.

i only see a small dot now where the bite was. it's still a little sore. that's about it...

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Selena van Leeuwen said:
do you mean lyme disease Woody?

Remove a thick on yourself just you would do on a dog. Be sure the thick head comes out :wink:
No, not lyme disease. Though that is a problem up here in MN. Basically a North American-wide thing for Caucasian males, tick bites that transmit this infection that goes straight to one's genitals, causing a big mess and intense, crippling pain.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
as far as the dog...i dropped him off at the vet and he is getting examined, dipped in flea/tick bath and washed then smothered in anti tick goo. he should be good to go. i thought i was till woody brought up nutter butter...

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Woody Taylor said:
I had and continue to have relatively good hygiene in my life...ticks are pretty damn common if you walk through woods. Did you smoke them all out of California or something?
Good hygiene with ticks is long pants tucked into hiking boots and long-sleeve t-shirts.

Naw, I am sure they tried, but California is loaded with 'em.

I grew up in New England, also loaded with 'em.

I've been lucky.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
We also called it "rabies scabies" because instead of foaming at the mouth you're foaming at the...well, you know.

It's not a big deal. The pain goes away after two weeks, the swelling and smelly discharge after five. That's why I'm saying eat some pepper, it will reduce that cycle of shots during that five weeks by a good week.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.