Working Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
There were 92 dogs....I doubt very much that he won for that reason[-X He has been there before...where his own dog was jammed by the helper. I feel for the handlers and the dogs that were injured...:-(

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Ive never been knocked down by a dog...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually my first thought was "hey I don't feel too bad about screwing up myself now". Although, I have NEVER jammed a dog, not even once. 3 dogs got jammed in the regionals in Orlando a few months ago, it wasn't a pretty sight. Not saying it couldn't happen to me, but ya figure if they put someone in a trial like that, that they won't jam 3 dogs in a row... ;)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
According to an AWMA members post - 8 dogs total were injured. Two very seriously "Octavius had his leg broken and ligaments torn. Aika had her breast bone broken and her back badly damaged. Her career is finished as well." The one where you see the helper give up the sleeve to the dog in the back half- the helper refused to work the dog further and the handler did not want the helper to work his dog.

The picture that Ivan has up on his site of Django being jammed at the 2002 AWDF is chilling.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Anybody can have a bad day but I sure hope that first guy knew the dog.
At this top level how many helpers will walk away from a dog, with their back turned, AFTER losing the sleeve.
Even at club level we have a couple of dogs you wouldn't do that to.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I understand what your saying Jeff but it's it's either bravado or just plain dumb to walk away with your back to a dog you don't know.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
As I said in my first comment, I hope the guy knows the dog. Either way, it's still not the brightest thing to do.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.