Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Thursday night, mid Missouri got 16 inches of snow. I own a year old Chevy Impala and DH owns a 97 Toyota Camry. Our driveway, while relatively short, was impossible to get out of since it was on an incline. All our friends with trucks this morning were conveniently (for them anyways) unreachable. My car was in the garage, but husband's was in the drive way encased in ice with no way to get it out. Well, since there was no other way to do it, we put on the cold weather gear, put carting harnesses on Zoso and Buck, and walked about 1.5 miles or so pulling a kid's sled to the nearest grocery store that just got in a shipment of road salt (anywhere closer was out). Walking on the shoulder of the road through either slick ice, nasty slush , or 3 foot drifts was no fun at all with cars going by way too fast on very very slick roads. :evil: However, we made it to the store and piled on 100 lbs of road salt into the sled and marched back. We got a ton of "awww, how cute!" looks from passersby. Ugh, it wasn't supposed to be cute! :p So screw all who disagree, but they certainly fullfilled a necessary purpose, so I call 'em workin' dawgs now. :D

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lynn Cheffins said:
Atta girl! - isn't it nice to get some useful work out of 'em? :D
Yeah, cause darned if I'm going to haul 100 lbs of road salt 3 miles in the snow by myself (up hill both directions and barefoot, if you like!).

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Funny you should say that as I'm a city girl myself. Columbia has about 90,000 people and it is the smallest city I've ever lived in. I just like escaping to the outdoors with the dogs every once in a while. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.