Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Heh, those are great. I made the mistake of letting Annie "help" the last few days while I yanked out a stone stairway and block wall next to my house. I shoveled dirt and clay, she shoveled dirt and clay. I got pretty impressed with her nerves, though...had a circle saw w/diamond blade going through cement block and she just wanted to get up close and hug it, first time she'd seen that. And if you have seen/heard one you know what I'm talking about. Hammer drills, sledges, falling rock, lumber, and stone...she had a blast. Tried to eat my hoe, my shovel, drill handles, my gloves, PVC pipe, 2x4s, OSB board, boxes for nails. Did not try to eat the crow bar.

Finally she got popped this morning when I was pounding in some stakes for the slab forms and she got a bit to sniffy with the stake I was hammering. Got a nice (accidental) mash with a mallet on her nose, felt bad about that.

Got to practice a lot of ob under distraction, too...we live on a corner lot, all kinds of dogs and folks and kids walking by. It was a fun few days, don't get to hang out with her all day like that much.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Nice looking dogs.
Not to much fence work though. I had a great little terrier that wore out one of his canines by fence chewing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[Not to much fence work though.]

I was taking Bear's first pen down when he came over and started to help. I got so tickled, I waited till the weekend to move the other three panels so my wife could get pictures. I only let Bear help with one other panel.

[/Looks like he's bonded well with ya. Good job.]

Jay, Bear and I are Great buddies. He even did well at the Vets this past weekend. :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ken, That's why they're called "working dogs" :lol: :lol:

Winnie helps me carry firewood and pick limbs up out of the yard when it's time to mow! They really are funny when they pitch in on the chores.

Debbie

·
Registered
595 Posts
Yeah, I've learned the hard way not to let them "help' with the weeding and yard chores. If I could only get them to figure out the difference between "weeds" and "flowers/shrubs" I'd be doing great. Pretty exasperating to come out and find them standing proudly over the ruins of ex-flower beds. "Look, Mom! I got rid of ALL those pesky plants for you!"

·
Registered
632 Posts
Bear is a very nice looking dog! Very good body condition, from what I can see!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
No Lynn I had nothig to do with Bear's breeding. I just got him and Ken together. Nice match too I must say. Ken has done VERY well with Bear. Bear's pedigree is up there with the best of them. Ken's pedigree is pretty good too.

Ken, I think the camp sites will be closed for the winter in Dec. for our trial. I'll see what else I can find out for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts