Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics taken Saturday morning. Sorry, they are mostly still shots taken from a video, so not of the best quality. Sorry there's so many of them, too :D Decoy is Jay Lyda, from this forum - videographer Jerry Lyda.
Angaar, my boy

and some of Bane, my little girl.

and then one pretty one taken by the quarry while we were out walking about 2 hrs. later.

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
LOVE it. I love to see a Dobe working, looks like your boy loves to fly :D

One suggestion on the pup. When they hit with their head turned the wrong way like that, stop, out them, and retarget. So they don't get a reward for turning it wrong, but get rewarded (a fight/longer bite) for turning it right. Looks like she's got some nice grips

·
Registered
382 Posts
Very Nice Amber! I am so glad there is someone else on this forum with dobes. :) When do you expect to trial him?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Amber Scott said:
videographer Jerry Lyda.
Good lord. Jerry, you can't take a tax deduction just because you tell people you're a fancy "videographer." The IRS calls that "guy holding a camera pointing it as dogs." :lol:

Very nice, Amber, and to Kadi's point, looks like your dog is getting back to the ears on those bites.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amanda Layne said:
Very Nice Amber! I am so glad there is someone else on this forum with dobes. :) When do you expect to trial him?
Well, we tried last month - he broke the long down and got DQ'd. So I guess, next trial in March. Till then, long down every day. :eek:

And yeah, her grips are nice, esp. considering that she's only been doing bitework of any kind (outside of playing tug with family) for a little over three months. She's a little spitfire, lots of prey drive, but so sharp and civil that it's hard to tell what 'drive' she's working in :lol: She's definitely the kind of dog I'd feel safe with walking into a dark alley.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
jay lyda said:
Next time you might want to put your glasses on so WE can see them more clearly. :lol:
Your old man is a videographer, dude...that's artistic fuzziness. Feel the art. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts