1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
827 Posts
No bailing in that, she bit my arm but came right off. She had too much momentum and she couldn't hold on when her body came around. I had a pretty good view. But now she did come right back for some more! :D She comes so fast its hard for her to hold on with the first bite. Its a trick to catch her safely and not jam her. Most of the time she just hits you with her body and tries to bite at the same time like she is trying to tackle you. 8) She is a fun dog to work and watch.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Jay, how much does her short muzzle effect her bite work?
I know lots of (shudder) show boxers come up short in the good teeth dept.

·
Registered
827 Posts
None, she still has teeth and she loves to use em. :lol: She loves to work and has no problem biting a sleeve, suit, or hidden sleeve. The only difference that I see with the short muzzle verses one like on a mal or GSD is they don't have as much of a crushing bite, for obvious reasons only, they don't have as deep of a bite. Now that is on equipment, as far as a real bite I'm sure it WOULD hurt just as bad. Now Abbie comes at you as fast as she can run, you really have to see her in person to get the full picture, and she will give you all she has. Imagine you running as fast as you can and reaching out to grab a pole, it would be kind of hard to hang on to it without slipping off. Her short muzzle isn't the reason the she might come off, its her speed. Its not everyday you see a dog that will hit you with everything that they've got. Majority will slow down before they bite, NOT ABBIE, she's full throttle! 8) What do you mean "short in the good teeth dept", they just don't have the desire to do bitework?

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Just weak mouths in general. Bad bites, bad teeth. Not all, but more then I'd care to see.
Not doubt it woud hurt if she bit. I've had 12-13 lb hunt terriers latch onto me a time or two. That's about an 11 on a scale of ten in the pucker factor. :lol:

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with Jay, There was no bailing out. I looked at the video again and again and what I see is her speed and momentum as Jay turned around took her off. That's the short mouth. Abbie has already lost one lower k9. I'm sure that don't help either.
Ok, son I stand corrected. (She did put you on your a$$ twice though.)

·
Registered
827 Posts
Yep, don't forget about my little coonhound. I've been doing some rag work with him and he loves it. We'll see if we can't get him doing some bitework one day. :p If its trainable, we'll train it! :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts