Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
11,728 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
this reminds me of a cheesy 80s horror novel called "The Pack" - about a group of dogs that run wild and attack everyone in town. It got made into a B movie, although I never had the pleasure of seeing that :-&

·
Banned
11,728 Posts
People dump dogs in the country all the time. Just like the old myth about getting a good home on a farm. HA! Most guys I knew that worked on farms went through a lot of dogs before one figured out to stay around.

I have watched a bunch of people stop on country roads and dump dogs off. I recognized one while I was still in high school, I was out.......uh nevermind but anyway I saw her clear as day. I guess precious wasn't as special as everyone was led to believe.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
People dump cats & kittens out at our Malibu canyon property. We are way up in a canyon on a dead end road. They don't last long they feed the coyotes, hawks & owls.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
People dump dogs in the country all the time. Just like the old myth about getting a good home on a farm. HA! Most guys I knew that worked on farms went through a lot of dogs before one figured out to stay around.

I have watched a bunch of people stop on country roads and dump dogs off. I recognized one while I was still in high school, I was out.......uh nevermind but anyway I saw her clear as day. I guess precious wasn't as special as everyone was led to believe.

That's really true. People don't seem to understand that it's not like Lassie running in idyllic pastures or something. When I shadowed a few times a week with a mixed practice rural vet, every single day at least one dog came in with gun shot wounds, dog fight wounds, or that had gotten hit by a car all after being allowed to run free as a "farm dog." One guy even ran over his own Great Pyrenees puppies and killed two and injured one so it needed its leg amputated (I helped with that one...that was bloody!). Maybe if you really are out in the middle of nowhere or something, but then you gotta worry about the wildlife!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts