Working Dog Forums banner

Why I Prefer Dogs...

604 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Becky Shilling 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I've got one long (but thin) scar across my hand and two puncture wounds between my thumb and pointer finger from a cat I was helping restrain for sedation. It was a very sweet cat, until you looked at it funny (which was hard to do because it's ears were chopped off like a junkyard pit's). The tech holding the rear end freaked out when the cat started struggling, let go, and the cat reached one back leg out from the towel and got me right on the top of my hand. I, of course, was dumb and let my grasp on the neck/head slip a little, and that cat nailed me right in that tender spot between your thumb and pointer finger knuckle. We finally sedated the cat, but I was the only one brave enough to deal with him again!

#6 ·
I don't know the english word for this, but in dutch I would describe cats as "achterbaks"... Selena, any idea how you would put that into English?

I used to be OK with cats, never was a cat person but I'd play with em n stuff, now they piss me off with their evil tiny lil heads n hissy fits n self centered arrogant attitudes, ugh!

#12 ·
Yikes! Nothing like someone handing you a thermometer and sayin', "go temp that cat" and finding THAT to deal with. Big fun! I have found that the ones that snort between yowls are the REALLY bad ones!

O yeah, cat bites are worst! Having your hand swell up and throb like a cartoon hand.....ah yes....memories!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.