Working Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are a number of dogs who do dual work. Some of the work is serious patrol or PP work and some of the work is either narcotic/sar/cadaver.

Why then if the same dog can do both jobs, can someone say that they are only a low threshold dog????? They are high prey, yes, but work from both high and low threshold.

Part of it is handler training - telling the dog when and when not to be aggressive. Part of it is the dog's willingness to listen and ellicit the commands. But if the dog is wholly low threshold, it won't listen to very much.

If anyone who has worked a dual purpose dog can explain how I am wrong please do.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
please stop with the threshold thing. i explained to you why jeff gave you some flak, yet you continue.

your question is vague and marred by your own personal opinions of how you think people should answer. i work a dual purpose dog (my 3rd dual purpose dog) and when you ask a legitimate question, i will answer it...

·
Banned
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Tim, tell me the way you want the question asked , then I will ask it that way to get an answer :evil:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Liz...in all seriousness, you're new, you're getting provocative with people that are relatively aware of each other, and you're dragging gripes from thread to thread. Relax.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.