Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my 9 month old puppy Penhip'd today and his hips look fantastic! She thinks he will be around a .30 which would put him in the 90% for my breed. She also took OFA type xrays (although I am not preliming him) and she said she would not have been surprised if he would have come back as an excellent! Even though Pennhip is kosher at this age, I am going to have him OFA'd at 2 years since I want to do elbows as well.

Considering I took a chance on this pup since the parents were not tested, I have dodged the bullet so far - Sinjin is PRA (Progressive Retinal Atrophy) clear, bi-lateral hearing, and hips look decent. Here is hoping the elbows look good as well :D

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Ingrid Rosenquist said:
Just had my 9 month old puppy Penhip'd today and his hips look fantastic! She thinks he will be around a .30 which would put him in the 90% for my breed. She also took OFA type xrays (although I am not preliming him) and she said she would not have been surprised if he would have come back as an excellent! Even though Pennhip is kosher at this age, I am going to have him OFA'd at 2 years since I want to do elbows as well.

Considering I took a chance on this pup since the parents were not tested, I have dodged the bullet so far - Sinjin is PRA (Progressive Retinal Atrophy) clear, bi-lateral hearing, and hips look decent. Here is hoping the elbows look good as well :D
WHAT A RELIEF! Whew is right, and I'm happy for you. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Connie!

I just got back his "official" results from Pennhip and they are .36/.32 which puts him as having better hips than 90% of the ACDs tested :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts