Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I need some collective advice and help.

I have two almost 12 week old GSDs, working line, high drive puppies. Based on both parents and the aptitude these two are showing me, I will only consider working homes/experienced homes.

Only one will be sold, I am keeping the other, and at the moment I'd like to keep the female, but I am not picky.

My problem is, WHERE and HOW to advertise them so people know. I have placed ads on the pedigree database, and gotten responses. I have gone so far as to arrange shipping for a couple of people only to have them vanish.

So all that has left me is word of mouth, and I don't have a big mouth! LOL

Any ideas for sites, ads etc would be greatly appreciated.

Oh- pictures and video of rag work were done both at 9w and 11w so people could SEE them if they wanted, and I do have a website.

And for the record, I am not at all opposed to keeping them both, but I'd rather see one in their own working home.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
michelle, i'm no expert, but i wouldn't arrange shipping for anyone until i had a cashier's check in the bank!!!
other than that, i guess you could try both vomdomburgerland.com and ddrlegends.com--at least most of the folks on those forums take workingline GSD seriously....other than that, i'm, as usual, no help whatsoever :(

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
does anyone know what it is about "chicagoland" and jeff? jeff?? heck, why screw around with that when you can go SE and get to gary (IN)??

·
Registered
705 Posts
all the ring people i train with mess with chicago land board . i dont like that board. mainly just how its set up

·
Banned
11,728 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have not advertised them at all, except for the pedigree database.
I have had interest from that, but no one that I have really wanted to sell one too....maybe I'm just being too picky and need to keep and work them both! ;)

But now I HAVE to go check out your chicagoland board.....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My Tarded-ness is from not explaining well. Thats my excuse and I'm sticking to it! ;)

I am not lamenting that I have not sold one- I have not advertised much, I still can't pick which one I want to keep, I like them both. Heck I haven't even used word of mouth with people I know in the area...

I was really just wondering what locations online people are using to look for/find working puppies. That was the goal of my post, and I realized I made it sound more like "Help, I can't sell my 12 week old puppies but I haven't advertised!" Ok maybe the Tard shoe fits.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I know nothing about what an SAR prospect should have and be doing, so I'd be the last person to advertise them for SAR work.

I do have a friend who does SAR, I imagine I could have her evaluate one for it. But since my are of experience is schutzhund, that is all I feel qualified to judge...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts