Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
528 Posts
While I think Cezar is a very good hand with dogs,I choose to look at things a little differently.

I like the walking and calm assertiveness and the fact that he is in control all the time.

I dont believe dogs are true pack animals.Wolves are true pack animals and dogs are more social than pack oriented.Although the pack concept is an improvement for most people.

I dont like the fact that he keeps a tight leash all time while walking.This just keeps the dog cocked.

Overall the message is a great improvement over what most pet owners believe.

JMO

Greg

· Registered
528 Posts
Stacia,

A wolf desires to be with other wolves over all else.The pack is everything.A wolf will not come to man naturally,they may by association but not naturally.
A dog on the other hand will leave their own kind to be with man, naturally.The fact that dogs show some pack behavior doesnt make them pack animals.Couldnt you call some behaviors that you label "pack behavior" as being simply "social behavior"?
If you wish to look at dogs as pack animals then thats OK with me.I just thought I would share a different viewpoint.Afterall thats why we have this forum. :wink:

Greg

P.S.I often walk with 4 or 5 dogs sometimes off leash.they all stay in a loose heel position on either side.More dogs than that and I feel like Im pushing my luck..LOL.

· Registered
528 Posts
Connie,

Anyone who knows me, knows better than to give me a compliment..LOL. :twisted:

But thanks anyway... :lol:

Greg

· Registered
528 Posts
Jenni Williams said:
Connie, I'll be the judge of that when I get Caleb back. I demand perfection, and I mean PERFECTION! :twisted: :p

Must admit, his dogs know better than to screw around on his watch; he runs a pretty tight ship with some pretty headstrong pooches...man, I HATE compliments...ouch. :x
Jenni,

You must not be feeling well at all. :eek: Besides I think I need to work on Widget not Caleb. :twisted:
As for your Peke or Pom or whatever it is.....consult the "dog whisperer". :twisted: I think that would be an excellent challenge for Cesar. :wink:

Greg

· Registered
528 Posts
The guy is good at getting the results he wants with dogs.No question about it.He is also very good with people.

While I dont agree with some of his philosophies,I must respect him.I bet there is alot more to the guy than what you see on TV.

I wouldnt make a final decision on whether I liked or disliked him or his methods till I met him face to face.

Greg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.