Working Dog Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,675 Posts
Glad to hear you're recovering. Getting cut on sucks. I been through it a few times. This damn Florida sun is hell on skin.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Thanks Khoi!

Howard, you aren't kidding about that FLA sun. A number of years ago I was in Miami for a month on a work assignment. One day an hour or so before work I thought I'd roll up my slacks, take off my shoes and enjoy the warmth of the sun by the pool for a bit.

My GOD! I didn't know it then but by the time I went into work the pain started coming on, and on, and on… That was one of the worst sun burns I've ever had. It was painful to even walk or have any kind of clothing touch my skin where the burn was. Who knew a winter sun could be so brutal?

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
My GOD! I didn't know it then but by the time I went into work the pain started coming on, and on, and on… That was one of the worst sun burns I've ever had. It was painful to even walk or have any kind of clothing touch my skin where the burn was. Who knew a winter sun could be so brutal?
Next time, if you aren't allergic, take some aspirin. If you can do it within the first day or so, it will reduce the sunburn and you might even be able to skip the skin peel.

Disclaimer: I won't recommend it as a routine practice as sunscreen is better but it helps for those accidental oops moments.

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
That's interesting. I didn't know that. Hopefully, I won't have to try it but I will keep that in mind. Thanks!!

Now what might modern folks do with Castor Oil? Edgar Cayce seemed to know exactly what to do with it. :)

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I don't know why it does it but it does. A Navy doc turned me on to it when I came in with a bad face burn. It would have been a 2-peeler for sure (its so deep you peel twice). By the next morning, I was mostly back to normal (very, very slight redness) and never peeled at all. I have no idea about old Edgar but his center of enlightenment is about 5 miles down the road....lol

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Well since the Crazy Train is back and I have totally derailed this thread with nonsense I'll ask, have you ever checked it out? The A.R.E. that is… the impact of the aspirin I have an idea about. I'll look it up to see if I can verify my suspicions.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there! Recently I didn't know much about dog medicine either, so I decided to find more infromation about that in the internet. A few days ago, I came across a web page, that seems to be quite reliable. There are lots of articles connected with dog nutrition and other. Personally, I've been amused by the description of an influence of the Marigolds on dogs and cats. So, maybe this page will help you to widen your knowledge on pet medecine and nutrition.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts