Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tomorrow we leave for an approximate 6 hour drive to Huntington Beach State Park, which is about 10 miles South of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We'll be there until Sunday. This will be Jak's first long trip, and also his first trip to the beach. Gypsy has been to the beach once before, a few years ago, and loved it. Here are some pictures:

http://www.angelfire.com/tx6/shrinercpa/beach.html

You can still see the remnants of demodex on her feet, but that's LONG GONE now! I only hope that she doesn't do what she did last time and decide to hold her bowels until we get to the beach, and then poop IN the waves! :oops: She refused to poop on dry land at all, the whole time we were there! How on earth are you supposed to clean up after your dog if turds are being sucked out to sea?! :oops: :lol: :lol: I don't think we'll need the life jacket this trip either, because she didn't like to get out too deep. Hopefully we can let her off leash, too, since it isn't peak season for tourists. I'm debating taking the SCG off Jak's collar because I don't know if the salt water will mess it up or not. :-k I don't think he'll enjoy the ocean much since he doesn't like to get wet, but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
I keep my dogs on a long line at the beach until I'm sure the dog doesn't get all excited and head straight out.

I've found twice that even dogs who don't normally like getting wet might love playing with and chasing waves.

Pomfret (GSD) especially likes the superior digging opportunities at the beach.

Beach + dogs = fun! :D

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh Jak'll definitely be on a long line, but Gypsy doesn't need to be. That lifejacket gets a lot of use when we go to the lake and take her out on the boat. She's an excellent swimmer, but you never know. I'm going to get Jak one too as soon as he's through growing! LoL

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
I only hope that she doesn't do what she did last time and decide to hold her bowels until we get to the beach, and then poop IN the waves! :oops: She refused to poop on dry land at all, the whole time we were there! How on earth are you supposed to clean up after your dog if turds are being sucked out to sea?! :oops: :lol: :lol:
Haven't re-read it in a while, but I recall a particularly hilarious incident in Marley and Me where something like that happened. I was reading it over Thanksgiving last year and my husband and his parents were completely bewildered why I was laughing hysterically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts