Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night I heard a quote & it must have hit at the exact right time because I think it's great & I can't get it off my mind:

"REALITY IS ONLY THE LIE SOCIETY HAS AGREED UPON"
-David Milch

Does anyone have any favorite quotes?

One last totally unrelated thing: This morning after tracking I took Arkane on our walk in the foothills on the fire roads. My eyes are not what they use to be & as we were walking I noticed a big stick in the road that wasn't there on our way up. When we were about 5 feet from it I noticed it was moving. In my little pea brain I was like "Stick moving - weird - stick moving - how??" Then it hit me - RATTLESNAKE - back the f%$k up QUICK!!! At the time it looked like the snake was about 4-5 feet long, but now that I've had time to think, I'm SURE it was at least 20ft long & 2 feet around.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Favorite saying on the bottom of my posts.
"A fool's words offend only another fool"!
Favorite sweat shirt growing up.
Pic of two vultures sitting in a tree
(caption underneath) "Patience my ass! I'm gonna kill something"!
I'm just a nice old grandpa now. ;)

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
My Favorites are:

"You tell em I'm comin AND Hell's comin with me"
"It ain't dying I'm talkin bout Woodrow, IT'S LIVIN"
"That dog don't take to pettin son"

Favorite T-Shirt
Pic of a snarling Malinois with "BARK OFF" underneath.......;)

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
There are two ways to get to the top of a standing oak tree;

1. you can plant an acorn, sit and wait

2. Climb it.

DFrost

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
All work is a series of interrelated processes. (not sure which quality guru said this but it has saved me many, many, times.)

Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid. (John Wayne)

That the only purpose for which power can be rightfully exercised over any member of a civilized community, against his will, is to prevent harm to others. His own good, either physical or moral, is not a sufficient warrant...for compelling him...To justify that, the conduct from which it is desired to deter him must be calculated to produce evil to some one else. The only part of the conduct of any one, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign. (JS Mill)

We had to go Hellen Keller on the bit. (Woody Taylor)

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
Life is tough, but it's tougher if you're stupid. (John Wayne)
Hey, I LOVE that one......I used to wish John Wayne was my Dad when I was young.....:smile: I knew I loved him for a good reason........

(mental note....T-shirt with pic of LAB and that quote...hee hee just kiddin):smile:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. (Edison)

Not all drugs are good. Some … are great. (Bill Hicks)

I smoke. If this bothers anyone, I recommend you look around the world in which we live, and … I don't know, shut your f***ing mouth? (Hicks)

Your denial is beneath you, and thanks to the use of hallucinogenic drugs, I see through you. (Hicks)

Then comes the kicker: Say the alphabet … backwards. "Well, shoot, you got me. I'm not drunk, but I'm obviously too stupid to be driving, God damn it."
(Hicks again, regarding field sobriety tests to catch drunk drivers)

Go back to bed, America. Your government has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed, America. Your government is in control again. Here. Here's American Gladiators. Watch this, shut up. Go back to bed, America. Here is American Gladiators. Here is 56 channels of it! Watch these pituitary retards bang their f***ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. Here you go, America! You are free to do what we tell you! You are free to do what we tell you! (Hicks)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Bill Hicks totally rocks. I have a book by him & love it.
My generation's Lenny Bruce. Not many people know about him, which is a shame, because he was a very funny guy. Very angry guy. Sad ending to that life, died of pancreatic cancer at 32.

http://www.billhicks.com/

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
I have several depending on what's going on.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter. You will meet them doing various things with resolve, but their interest rarely holds because after the other thing ordinary life is as flat as the taste of wine when the taste buds have been burned off your tongue."

Ernest Hemingway, 'On the Blue Water,' Esquire Magazine, April 1936
"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted."

George Bernard Shaw
"Being responsible sometimes means pissing people off. Good leadership involves responsibility to the welfare of the group, which means that some people will get angry at your actions and decisions. It's inevitable, if not honorable...''

Gen. Colin Powell (Ret) ''A Leadership Primer''
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

·
Registered
512 Posts
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence.
Talent will not. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb.
Education will not. The world is full of educated derelicts.
Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
-Calvin Coolidge-

"I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it"
-Charles Swindoll-

·
Registered
759 Posts
"I wonder what goes through his mind when he sees us peeing in his water bowl?" -Penny Ward Moser

"Don't accept your dog's admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful." -Ann Landers

"I don't know the question, but sex is definitely the answer" -Woody Allen

"I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence" - Ricky Bobby

"Perhaps he who created all of this designed the world to be round so that we would never be able to see too far ahead of ourselves." -Unknown

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
"ass, grass or gas--nobody rides free"

but i'm gonna have to check out the bill hicks site, sounds like my kinda (dead) guy...you have to realize, that way there's no arguments :)

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
I like this one too, and since I am a firefighter, EMT and reserve officer, it fits anyone who gets in my vehicle (personal and emergency)

"Get in, sit down, shut up and HANG ON!!" (you can buckle up if you like):smile:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts