Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I got another dog who needs a working home. This is Voodoo, a 1 year old Catahoula. He randomly showed up at my friend's doorstep one day and she decided to keep him after many phone calls and fliers didnt reveal an owner. Shes had hime for a few months now but a few days ago Voodoo and the Black Mouth Cur, Zeus, that he lives with got into a nasty fight over an old tortilla chip that landed them both at the vets with sutures and drains. Two days later Voodoo went after Zeus again. Since my friend lives in a small townhome keeping the dogs seperated all the time isnt an easy task, plus because of how drivey Voodoo is, she would rather see him in a working home. If anybody is interested in this beautiful dog please PM me. He is currently located in Texas but arrangements can be made to have him shipped pretty much anywhere. He is very human friendly!

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
You sure that isn't a Catapit? Lots of similarities there. I've worked with a couple of catahoulas, that picture just looks a little different that the ones I'm used too. Could be wrong, been there before.

DFrost

·
Registered
161 Posts
i was thinking the same thing too. i did not see much merle and I am not sure about how much brindle catahoulas have. Head was a little different as well. Semantics, shmantics....it is a nice looking dog either way.

·
Registered
161 Posts
from abneycatahoulas.com

Catahoulas come in an endless variety of coat colors and patterns. All color combinations and patterns can have color points or trim, which may be located on the chest, cheeks, above the eyes, on the legs, underbody or under the tail. The Leopard pattern has a base color with contrasting spots of one or more other colors. Solids have a single coat color. Brindles may have a light or dark base coat color with contrasting stripes. The Patchwork pattern may or may not have one predominant solid color with one or more different size patches of different colors and shades placed randomly on the body. In dogs of equal quality, rich, deep colors are preferable to the lighter colors. However, in evaluating the Catahoula as a true, multi-purpose working dog, coat color is not a primary consideration. No coat color or pattern is preferred.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, I have been consulting some Cat experts out there and together we have decided that he is likely a Cat/Pit mix. No one can be sure though since his lineage and history is completely unknown prior to when he showed up o my friend's doorstep. Either way though, he still needs a working home so if anybody knows of any hog hunters or ranchers that are looking for a good dog please let me know!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.