Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The airlines are makeing me crazy! I am trying to plan a training trip to Dean Calderons' kennel in Tulsa Oklahoma for Arkane and myself from 3/19 to 3/26. American Airlines has a weight restriction for dog + crate of 100 lbs, so they won't work. United has no weight restriction, but has to stop in Denver and if the temp is below 45F /7C dog can't fly. All airlines EXCEPT United will allow the dog to fly down to 20F with a Certificate of Acclimation. The airlines will make me use a 500 crate, which will only fits on a 700 series plane or an airbus, and so far, I can't find any other airline that goes from Los Angeles to Tulsa or Oklahoma City on a big enough plane (Continental is out - they want $300 each way for the dog). I really want to go on the dates I mentioned because there are going to be some other really great people and hot dogs for those dates, but if I can't figure this out, I guess I will have to wait for spring. If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing them!

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found a way through Frontier. It is on an airbus and they will accept the Cert of Acclimation down to 10F. It ends up in Oklahoma City rather than Tulsa, but that's no problem, I have to rent a car anyway!

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
YEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAWWWWWW Way to go Brago, punish the SOB!!!
Looking forward to meeting you Becky! I'm just keeping everything crossed that Denver doesn't get hit with a snowstorm while I'm trying to pass through. [-o<

·
Registered
595 Posts
Heehee! I know Dean was very surprised that a 15 month old had that kind of pressure! He could barely slip the sleeve. I was so proud of da boy! He held on tight all the way to the car- no mouthing!

(It was his very first time to take the sleeve!)

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very Cool! I see that you are like me in that you are not in too much of a hurry putting your dog on the sleeve. Mine is the same age as yours and I am in no rush to push him in protection. Genetics are on our side!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.