Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well I guess I should share with everyone that my son, Shane, passed away a little over a month ago from a tragic accident in my home on May 24, 2007. He was 22months and 4 days old, and will be very deeply missed. Attached are a few pictures, including one taken only 2 weeks before he passed. The last picture is my memorial decal that was originally made just for my car, but now over 100 friends/family have this on their cars/trucks.
Shane was 7 months old, Carbon was 2 months old:

Shane, last Halloween, professional portrait:

Shane, May 10, 2007.. this was his obit picture:

Last, My car decal:

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
OH MY GOD, I can´t express how sorry I am for you. This is the worst nightmare if you´re a mum or dad.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Sarah, you have my deepest possible condolances. I will pray for you to find or continue to find peace. As a parent of 2 I can't even begin to imagine what you must be going through, my God. Shane was a very handsome little fellow.

~CHRIS DUHON

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm really sorry Sarah, I wish no one would ever have to bear such heart breaking and devastating pain. I lost my son (Jason Michael) at a very young age because of an accident. I wish I could tell you that the pain and emptiness of wanting and missing Shane will go away with time , but I can tell you that time will take the edge off of the pain. To this day I can close my eyes and still remember his face....something I feared more then anything I might forget.

I saw this poem years after my son passed. I wish I could have given a copy of it to friends back then.....

Don't Tell Me

Please don't tell me you know how I feel,
Unless you have lost your child too,
Please don't tell me my broken heart will heal,
Because that is just not true,
Please don't tell me my son is in a better place,
Though it is true, I want him here with me,
Don't tell me someday I'll hear his voice, see his face,
Beyond today I cannot see,
Don't tell me it is time to move on,
Because I cannot,
Don't tell me to face the fact he is gone,
Because denial is something I can't stop,
Don't tell me to be thankful for the time I had,
Because I wanted more,
Don't tell me when I am my old self you will be glad,
I'll never be as I was before,
What you can tell me is you will be here for me,
That you will listen when I talk of my child,
You can share with me my precious memories,
You can even cry with me for a while,
And please don't hesitate to say his name,
Because it is something I long to hear everyday,
Friend please realize that I can never be the same,
But if you stand by me, you may like the new person I become someday.

Judi Walker
(In Memory of Shane)
Copyright 1998

I'm here for you .........if you ever need to talk...........Lacey

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
OMG sarah. i am truly sorry. i can't say i know what you're going thru, but i can say i know how scared i was 2 weeks ago today when the emergency room called to say they had my son after he rolled his car 3X, but they didn't know where my daughter was (she had left with him). the worst hour of my life.

i'll send up a prayer for you to have strength....

lacey--what a cool poem. my sympathy to you also in your loss.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My deepest sympathy for your loss. Being a mother......the loss of a child would have to be the worse possible thing that could ever happen.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts