Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin everybody. Ahron and I are in our 3rd of a 5 week basic Police Service Dog school, so he is living in the hotel room with me. He is happily becoming accustomed to living indoors, and is doing well at the course. I have his Vari Kennel in the room for him to sleep in (which he prefers most of the time), however the room is such that I can't leave the door open without Ahron running into it and shutting it. I would like him to be able to come and go as he pleases from the kennel, except for when I need to leave him in the room for any reason. What I have been doing is simply loosening the kennel clasps a bit and popping the door out completely while we are both in the room, then popping it back in when I have to leave.

I remember seeing a kennel somewhere that had spring loaded latches on BOTH sides of the door, but now I can't find it. I'm wondering if it was a different model of a petmate Vari Kennel, or if it was a different brand. Either way, if I could find one that would fit, it sure would be easier on me, and I imagine it would be better for the kennel as well.

Thanks, Jacob and Ahron

·
Banned
329 Posts
Hi Jacob, the crate you are looking for is called a "Furrarri" they have the spring loaded doors, thats what I use. Plus they are spring loaded on both sides, so the door can open to the left or the right or come off easily.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Furrari, that was it thanks! I wonder if their doors would fit a Vari Kennel? I'd prefer to just purchase another door, rather than another kennel!

Thanks again, J

1 - 4 of 4 Posts