Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What´s stout?

It´s a dutch word meaning "naughty", but do you mean it also?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi Selena,
Nice pics, I saw the last litter on the KNPV forum, but the 5 week old ones are good looking.
Selena, what is the reason you prefer the Dutch handlers over the English?
(as per you website).
Rob

·
Registered
286 Posts
He Mike, you're doing pretty good. I just got told off for my dutch by Germaine on the KNPV forum. It's hard when you constantly work in 2 languages. BTW, the word stout is also just in the UK and it's colonies to describe a good strong beer. Amstel Bier used to have a "stout" beer, don't actually know if they still do, must look in the store when I/, back there in October as I used to like it.
Robert

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
all the males are sold, Tim;) the other litter, the ones born july 6th has 1 male left..would be of a perfect age to take with you in september.....

@ Rob, as per the words of the Englishmen: England isn´t ready yet for these kind of dogs. (there are always exeptions ofcourse, but the majority will not be able to handle them..also ´cause in england you can´t use e-collar or prong)

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
i worked ti-kah's father berry here in the US. the county where i worked purchased him (i don't work for the county, i work for a city). SCARY dog. eventually he was returned to the kennel because he ate the handler. it was a brand new handler and he really had no business having that dog. very strong, very dominant dog. i heard he ended up with Phoenix PD...

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
when i say scary, i mean that in a good way. the manner in which the dog bit the handler, it wasn't really the dog's fault. they were doing a building search and the dog was in the room where the decoy was and started to get hectic and frantic when he got into odor. the handler walked in the room right at the height of the dog's frenzy and the dog turned on him, probably thinking, from training, that the handler was the decoy. the handler was afraid of the dog before that. after that, it just wouldn't have worked with that team...

·
Registered
209 Posts
In the UK you can use a Pinch Collar and an E-Collar, however the Police & Military are forbidden to use either officially.....this stems from about 15yrs ago when a number of Police Officers were prosecuted for cruelty on a training course for Hanging their dogs as a correction.

Don't know about England or elsewhere not being ready for these dogs as there are talented open minded dog trainers all over the world and whilst we don't breed dogs of this caliber they are occasionally still born in GSD and Malinois litters and we do work them....

Mark

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Selena,
Got ye. Very good reason, I didn't think of that.
Rob
And ofcourse I want to follow some puppies close by. It´s an international litter: 4 in England, 1 in the Netherlands, 1 in Germany, 1 in Belgium. 1 female still for sale.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts