Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took all four dogs on vacation with us up the mountains....and still managed to have a good time although I think they had a better one...two of em caught bigger fish then I did:smile: Zane turned 5 months old (28 May 2007) ...Coda will be 22 months tomorrow....Jarko (my now retired PSD) is 7...and Dunya (the Rotty) is 11 years old. The two younger one's never knew when to quit...so the vests were a safety precaution. My Rotty is getting up there in age....but she loves swimming...the vest made things safer and easier for her. Jarko is not that keen on swimming...unless of course a suspect is placed out in the lake...but my husband would not volunteer;)

The first pic below is aview from the front porch of my husband fishing and his dog scaring all the fish away by swimming around - the second one is when he finally gave up :smile:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Cool pics! You need to look into dock diving with Coda! ;)
i know right! im tellin ya im doin it with brax. zane looks awesome and coda look like her gorgeous self. jarko looks good with the fish in his mouth and ole dunya looks like she is havin fun. see you in a couple days!!!!!!! justin you as well:p:p:p

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The place was great Susan, I really like the mountains but there is nothin like home:smile:

Bob, I would really like to do dock diving with Coda, but where I live there are gators in almost all the ponds and lakes:-(

Justin, I'm ready to train - the weather won't be for a few days because of this tropical storm remnant and I'm to cheap to ruin a bunch of SchH Sleeves:smile: . Zane has lost all his puppy teeth and the adults are slowly comming in - seems all at one time...poor guy.

Steve can't wait till you get here......wish your better half and the kids were comming to though:-(

·
Registered
705 Posts
The place was great Susan, I really like the mountains but there is nothin like home:smile:

Bob, I would really like to do dock diving with Coda, but where I live there are gators in almost all the ponds and lakes:-(

Justin, I'm ready to train - the weather won't be for a few days because of this tropical storm remnant and I'm to cheap to ruin a bunch of SchH Sleeves:smile: . Zane has lost all his puppy teeth and the adults are slowly comming in - seems all at one time...poor guy.

Steve can't wait till you get here......wish your better half and the kids were comming to though:-(
LOL um they will be down soon. we are movin in on the 22nd fo sho.
and yes lets train!!!!!! i should have a house within the first day or two and then five days to chill. lets do some training

·
Registered
93 Posts
Excellent pics!

...and people think I'm crazy for traveling with two GSDs...and leaving my little dog at home...she hates the car...gonna have to show them your pics :)

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:smile: :smile: Kim, it's a toss up who had the better vacation...I wore them out swimming and hiking all day so that I could catch up on reading and other activities at night;)

I hear ya Melissa...most people think I'm crazy for taking all of em but I really don't think I could enjoy myself without them being in close proximity. The more people I'm around....the more I wanta remain in the company of dogs:smile:

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I know how yu feel about wanting the dogs with you. It just wouldn't be quite as much fun for me if I went on vacation without the dogs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
worn out dogs is a good thing! lol I wish Envy would wear out!!! That bitch has energy to spare ALL THE TIME!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Good pictures! I feel you about the gators - I do research stuff at the swamp, and I have to keep my dogs OUT of certain parts of the water when I take them - sometimes I just bike them on the trails, then stick them in the kennels while I'm doing my work. ;) I've seen some big gators out there.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I hear ya Melissa...most people think I'm crazy for taking all of em but I really don't think I could enjoy myself without them being in close proximity. The more people I'm around....the more I wanta remain in the company of dogs:smile:
AH...a girl after my own heart!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts