Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been busy as a one-armed paper hanger. I have a class of 4 handlers, all going through class with trained dogs. It's actually a lot of fun. Three of the handlers have previously been through my 10 week course. All of the dogs have been previously trained and worked (single purpose drug). Three of the dogs I originally trained on different handlers, one we purchased trained. One is from a neighboring agency, he's the only one that is having a difficult time. He has less experience and thinks the other handlers are a fry short of a happy meal. It is a fun class though when the handlers know your idiosycracies and pet peeves. I just retired one dog, a 5 year old lab. The Trooper was activated and will be gone a minimum of 400 days. The kids love the dog and I just couldn't bring myself to put it on another handler.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes ma'am, single purpose. We train all the drug dogs the big 4; marijuana, cocaine, meth and heroin. the we just test on crack and XTC.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Very cool David!
You've got the kinda job I always wanted.......minus the paperwork, political BS, occasional idiot, etc, etc. LOL!

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aww Bob it isn't that bad. there is too much paperwork, but there is no more politics, I got the memo that says so. Idiots abound but I'm sure that's true in every profession.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't disagree with that. A lifeguard or some chlorine.

DFrost

1 - 10 of 10 Posts