Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first schutzhund dog and I am looking to start training the motivational retrieve. My gsd is of west german lines and has extreme drives. He just turned one year old. I was looking to buy the training the motivational retrieve video from leerburg w/ Bernhard Flinks but not sure. I am several months away from starting the retrieve but wanted to go ahead and formulate the plan. My plans are to train all the pieces backwards and then put it together.
Any advice on videos, articles or books would be greatly appreciated.
Anyone here seen the Bernard Flinks Motivational retrieve video and what is your opinion?

·
Premium Member
21,867 Posts
The Flinks tape is good but it would be btter if you had the Drive Building tape as a foundation first.
Your pup is a year old. Why are you waiting to teach the retrieve?
'Purely Positive' by Shelia Booth is a very good motivational book.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bob Scott said:
The Flinks tape is good but it would be btter if you had the Drive Building tape as a foundation first.
Your pup is a year old. Why are you waiting to teach the retrieve?
'Purely Positive' by Shelia Booth is a very good motivational book.
I am not wanting to start the retrieve yet but wanted to get a video or book and start formulating a plan. i want to train the steps backwards. I am going to get the BH in May 2007. I did do the Drive Building w/ my dog. He has extreme drives and building drive is not really necessary but the focus part is most important.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.