Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are some pictures that were taken at training today. Coda training for SchH/IPO 1. She's 17 months old today.

Still a work in progress.......... but we'll get there. :wink:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, had to try out my new camera. Amanda is a better photographer then me, although I took the pictures of Ziris. Trying to download some pictures of a green dog doing bite suit work but the server seems really slow.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I can't tell who it is. Who is it? I do like that dog. He is NICE. Tell me about him too.
Decoys always make that old ugly face when they are working dogs. My wife asked me the other day why my son looked so mean and she said it didn't even look like him. I told her that it was because it wasn't him. Now that's bad when a mother can't even tell her own offspring. :?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awwww I really thought you'd recognize him although he has gained some weight and lost some hair. It's Justin - Bud's breeder (Chris D's former Dog) and owner of Eiko and Spanky (Mal's). You met him at a trial - he talks highly of you.

The dog is "Reaper", he is 23 months old, out of Valcko von de Dailenberhutte (Belgium Import) x Annie (Macho daughter) . Nice dog - already has narc odors on him and tracking/trailing.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I can't speak for Justin about WPB, but I have prior commitments. Was wanting to hit the Augusta trial and VA trial if they are indeed each holding one in the spring. I know WPB is going to be a really good and more then likely, another big trial again. Would not expect anything less from Mo and Keith - great people. :) Really wish I could go :x

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info Jerry. 8) Now I got a little more leway schedule wise - wanta make it to at least two out of the three upcomming trials. :wink:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One more picture....yesteday's training - bark and hold. Now if I can get her to show this consistently - without getting dirty - I'll be very happy.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
More training pics - seeing a trend with her take off's over jumps - seems she takes off a little to early. Although she does not hit the jump, even when completely up, it is something that concerns me. Any suggestions? I've tried moving closer to jump - she does fine one way but then takes off early on the other side. Then on the way back (because I am closer to the jump) she does not have enough room to slow down to a correct front position.

Edit: Got some good ideas from AWMA members, I'll see how their suggestions work. Guess Coda is not the only dog with this "problem".

I have a camcorder (Sonycam) but have yet to figure out how to download the video's onto a site where I can post - so my camera will have to do. She is consistent with the jump and A frame and has not failed to jump either way in months. Scared to do something that will screw that percentage up.

Here's some of protection - more what I'm looking for in the bark and hold. She is by no means correct at this yet, note the one picture where she is bothering the helper. She does this a high percentage of the time when the helper is not looking directly at her.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Are you SURE she's not a GSD?! :lol:

Great pics, btw. Jak's daddy literally lays the side of his head on the sleeve during the bark and hold, and pushes against it trying to make the helper move. He doesn't try to bite prematurely, but he touches the helper the whole time.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kristen Cabe said:
Are you SURE she's not a GSD?! :lol:
:lol: :lol: As about as sure as one can be :roll: :wink:

Kristen Cabe said:
Great pics, btw. Jak's daddy literally lays the side of his head on the sleeve during the bark and hold, and pushes against it trying to make the helper move. He doesn't try to bite prematurely, but he touches the helper the whole time.
Thanks about the pics, the best two pictures are the ones below of Ziris (Amanda's 3 1/2 month old pup). As for her getting dirty in the blind - going back to the pole will hopefully fix that with her and not rewarding the behavior.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts