Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bane got a leg sleeve for Christmas. She is quite happy with it. :D Jerry Lyda was nice enough to take these pictures and email them to me... with his new Christmas present, a nice new camera that actually takes OK pictures at 10:00 p.m.!
(Baenre vom haus Do'Urden, 16 months)
Her first bite on her new sleeve...

why jump so high when you're going to bite so low? doesn't make sense to me... :eek:

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Very nice! The decoy's cheating with the scratch pants though, no fair using added protection... how else is he gonna feel the pups teeth penetrate thru the sleeve to know he should graduate to a thicker sleeve? ;)

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, hopefully she won't need a thicker sleeve, we'll start teaching her outs soon, then she'll be able to go back to the suit pants... she bites and slips the jacket, but you know, it ain't easy pulling the pants off.... :eek:

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well, they have to kick off their shoes and everything, right? If not, the decoy is going to have exposed and unprotected feet in the suit pants... she has worked on the suit pants and we choked her off the bite but the leg sleeve is easier right now.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Jeff Oehlsen said:
I go barefoot all the time in the suit. No dog should be targeting that low, unless the decoy has no clue of what he is doing. However, I am sure that your decoy will keep his feet out of your dogs mouth.

The dog should target right below the knee.
Are you crazy???? I refuse to do barefoot anything!! Do you know how much dog poop I run the risk of stepping in?? :p

You can slip off your shoes at the same time as slipping the suit pants off no problem. It's not a big deal unless you're one of those people that puts their shoes on way too tight :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
Jeff Oehlsen said:
You have dog poop on your training field?? That is NASTy
Usually dogs poop toward the outside n it gets picked up within a few minutes, but there's been times..... :p Especially when it's messy poop you can't pick up n the flag next to it blows away n I don't know where it is. It's not a club or a official training field, its my td's front yard of a 5 acre lot where 20 dogs exercise on a daily basis... when I run them on the atv I run em along the fence so usually the poop is along the fence line, but then there's dogs like that damn Schnauzer who has to poop or pee after every other bite in the middle of the damn field :lol:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Nice pics! I would love to do that eventually with my dobes. Looks like alot of fun. How tall is your girl?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I haven't measured her in awhile. She is right at 55 lbs. though. Her dad is from Jotunheim in Denmark, they're pretty adamant about preserving the standard as a 'medium' breed. :D I like it, she's speedy, she jumps high, and she's a heck of a lot easier to hold during protection work than my 75 lb. male.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Amber Scott said:
I haven't measured her in awhile. She is right at 55 lbs. though. Her dad is from Jotunheim in Denmark, they're pretty adamant about preserving the standard as a 'medium' breed. :D I like it, she's speedy, she jumps high, and she's a heck of a lot easier to hold during protection work than my 75 lb. male.
My male is actually pretty small, for a male. He is still young, but I dont think he will be much bigger. (He's about 65lbs 14 months old) Im not a fan of the "huge" dobes. I was just curious how big she was, its kind of hard to judge from the pictures. Nice looking girl though!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts