Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if anyone here is on facebook or not but if you are I highly encourage you to come play "DAWGZ" the game, it's a twist on the basketball game "HORSE". It was developed as a way to incorporate a fun, creative, and competitive way to challenge and educate yourself and give opportunity for continued progression within your training program. Come check it out and play!! Here's a link to the page "Dawgz Off The Chain": https://www.facebook.com/groups/549155825134671/

Here are the rules;

Rules:
1) Someone posts an idea/challenge of a trick, exercise, or routine to be performed (in detail) Their is a duration of 24 hours that people can decide to participate in each said "challenge".

2) Each participant is allowed a duration of time (Time is set according to the participants before they begin) to train/create the behavior or exercise.

3) Each participant will provide video of their dogs product/result of the challenge after the agreed duration of time to train it.

4) The participants and members will vote on who the winner is based on the "idea picture" and to who presents the challenge with the most accuracy, intensity, etc.

5) Participants who don't perform the challenge with accuracy acquire a "letter" against them, each time you acquire a letter against you you'll post it on that challenge.

6) This game doesn't require everyone to participate in each challenge but more that people can pick and choose challenges that are appropriate for them or peak interest. Anyone can post a challenge, but it's encouraged that if you make the challenge you plan to participate.

Best of luck!! Read the rules, refer to them. Input is requested and hope everyone has fun!

Look forward to learning from ya and assisting in some fun ways to learn.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
This is a fantastic idea. It's like a postal shooting match for dog training. Hell yeah.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol ya... but in a way that people can learn and support one another... I'm all about competitive challenges but with good sportsmanship and camaraderie. glad you decided to join us dave hope you can participate.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
well in the game of HORSE (with basketball) you get a letter for each missed shot, once you get all 5 letters you are out of the game.

how does it work once you get allthe letters in DAWGZ?

are you out of competition then?
what happens after that?

Maybe think about this one Amanda...
possibly should consider doing it the opposite way, like giving the letters to the people that COMPLETE it...and see who can spell DAWGZ first, then they are the winner, for that round (the TOP DOG :) )....and it then it starts over...

just thinking out loud here...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's a great idea Joby... I was considering the person who does it with most accuracy wins. At this point its just for fun and saying you are a 2,3,4, etc. time winner but eventually if we get enough participation and interest maybe small prizes for every 5 time winner. We're still playing around with the idea. Anyone can start participating in other challenges immediately after they receive all the letters. I'm definitely open to suggestions on how the game should be played. Thanks everyone. I'm really happy about the interest and participation that has taken place in the past couple of days. People are learning a lot, people are trying new fun things with their dogs and the MOST important thing is people are feeling motivated and having a lot of fun with their dogs. :)

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awesome!!!

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
NEW IDEA>>

GIVE A LETTER TO EVERYONE THAT SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETES A CHALLENGE.
FIRST ONE TO SPELL DAWGZ....WINS!!!!! THEN IT STARTS OVER...

WILL KEEP GAME MOVING QUICKLY...AND REWARD PARTICIPATION, AND NOT PUNISH THE LOSERS/// I MEAN WHAT HAPPENS TO THE PERSON THE LOSES AND SPELLS DAWGZ???,...THEY WAIT 6 MONTHS TO PLAY AGAIN?

IF YOU REWARD COMPLETIONS, IT WIL ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION, AND REWARD IT...AND ENCOURAGE AN INDIVIDUAL TO PARITCIPATE IN MORE CHALLENGES, SO THEY CAN WIN...INSTEAD OF NOT LOSING...

JUST AN IDEA.

THE WAY IAM LOOKING AT IT... I HAVE NOT COMPETED AT ALL YET, AND I AM STILL TIED WITH THE "WINNERS"...gotta change it up, makes sense...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just joined up there, before signing up this forum - what a coincidence! We're enjoying the carrot, carrot, potato, apple challenge...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Glad you two have jumped aboard. It's growing quickly and everyone seems to be having a pretty good time with it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts