Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you care to share how you track your dog's ob progress over time? Do you set up training schedules, goal-setting, comments on development, etc? All that stuff I can't do for myself, let alone a dog? Just wondering how different folks approach training outside of your club or profession.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Woody Taylor said:
Any of you care to share how you track your dog's ob progress over time? Do you set up training schedules, goal-setting, comments on development, etc? All that stuff I can't do for myself, let alone a dog? Just wondering how different folks approach training outside of your club or profession.
I do. But that might be because I help with other people's dogs, so I'm used to keeping a log. It might also be related to being an accountant and book copyeditor -- you know: OCD. :lol:

I don't exactly set goals on paper, though...... I just track progress and post comments.

Goals on paper would be a good idea, though. :>)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mike Schoonbrood said:
I don't keep track of anything :lol:
Me neither, which probably explains why my dog busted the hell out of a neighborhood cat last night despite what I was doing for ob. I think I need to start reviewing some stuff. That sucked. Particularly for the cat, who has been messing with my dog's head for a few months now and took a second to figure out that Annie and the leash had separated. Took me a second, too.

Ah well. Newb.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Woody Taylor said:
Mike Schoonbrood said:
I don't keep track of anything :lol:
Me neither, which probably explains why my dog busted the hell out of a neighborhood cat last night despite what I was doing for ob. I think I need to start reviewing some stuff. That sucked. Particularly for the cat, who has been messing with my dog's head for a few months now and took a second to figure out that Annie and the leash had separated. Took me a second, too.

Ah well. Newb.
So what happened? Did she eat the cat? How did it end up?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I keep a log book with date/time, location(trail), weather, distance, accumulated distance,dogs, and comments. Hubby did me a spreadsheet but it was kind of unwieldy(for me) - it was nice though as it kept track of the accumulated mileage for each dog. For other training I just have a little book that I put what I did with what dog, but it is not very scientific looking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts