Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's see if this works. Three dogs just back from the woods in early January, in Central New York. No snow. Far out! From left to right: Maximus, Brio, Freya. They like a ride in the truck.

][/img]

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I always love a GSD with a tad bit of wear & tear to an ear. They look rakishly dangerous, like a pirate. I think Connie is right, he is WAY too cool to pose.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boys and girls,

Thank you for the kind comments. I really appreciate them.

Max's ear fits his personality to a 't.' He is one laid back mutt, and the fastest of the three - go figure. Very aware around my wife, as my son discovered after several warnings to quit fooling around.

The center dog, Brio, is my rescue. Very high drive. Very smart. Almost intuitive. Scary, some times - in how smart she is. A German among American GSDs. Not a cuddler.

Freya is the most sensitive or 'needy' of the three. She is not the dog to meet at night. You can forget the 'whites of their eyes' awareness rule - think teeth. And delighted to be a big lap dog.

They ride in the bed of the black truck for local, low speed trips. I have a cap on the other truck - the one of which my wife dryly opines is a very expensive kennel on wheels. I ran out of crate room in the black.

I have, fortunately or un, a life intertwined with their's. We spend darned near all out time together or proximate. A boy and his dogs [read old fart].

The wind chill here in CNY is a below 0 degrees [probably about -15 or so] and the mutts are interested in being out of the cold. A walk in the woods may be in order if the wind slacks.

Stay warm. And again, thanks for your comments.

Mike

·
Registered
43 Posts
Ah Mike I can relate. Our gauge read -18 this morning. It's not looking to warm up in MI anytime soon.

I think your Brio must of come out of the same pound and same litter as my Sadie. American dog/German brain with really bad hips. :cry: She's the dog that got me doing research on working dogs and the difference between all the lines of GSD.

Great pics and try to keep warm!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts