Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not a happy story. This is local to me, it's now hit the national news wires, but much of the contact info is gone.

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/1055748.html

The Humane Society of the United States has posted a reward:

http://www.hsus.org/press_and_publications/press_releases/reward_offered_in_st_paul.html

But I can't remember if they are nutters or not. This is not THE Human Society, right?

In any case, I'm thinking of calling the police or HSUS to see if I can chip in towards a reward. This one bugs me a lot.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, it bothers me a great deal. I used to work with troubled kids and this kind of thing can destroy them.

Not to mention the obvious...that anyone who would do something this premeditated and evil is a threat to the community, whether or not there are dogs in it.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
This is not a happy story. This is local to me, it's now hit the national news wires, but much of the contact info is gone.

http://www.startribune.com/467/story/1055748.html

The Humane Society of the United States has posted a reward:

http://www.hsus.org/press_and_publications/press_releases/reward_offered_in_st_paul.html

But I can't remember if they are nutters or not. This is not THE Human Society, right?

In any case, I'm thinking of calling the police or HSUS to see if I can chip in towards a reward. This one bugs me a lot.
Yes, that's the "real" Humane Society.

The HSUS is the "real" one, and the "other" one (using the name, I believe, in an effort to gain cred) is called American Humane Society.

Edit to say it's the "other" one (American Humane) that's active in attacking Cesar Millan and calling his program inhumane.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
OH wow, This story was so sad! I don't know what I would do if that happened to my dog! Thats terrible! Whoever did that is sick!

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Hmmm. The HSUS is the old one, and I didn't know about the PETA connex.

The ASPCA and the HSUS are the two I always read when they email me.

I guess I'd better check further for future reference.

But I do know that American Humane (not HSUS) is the one fighting with Cesar Millan.

I'd support almost any org in this, I think.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Yup, very sad and sick....I don't think they will really have to look to far to catch the sick a-hole who did it. I really feel for the owner, hard not to think how an incident like this will effect her for many years to come. The more people I meet and hear about.....the more I prefer to remain in the company of dogs.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I totally agree lacey! Its people that do sick stuff like that, that makes me love my dogs more then most people! lol

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
One of the reasons I'm looking forward to retirement. Sick SOB's like this, who if caught, will recieve a relative slap on the wrist, with a stern finger wag in the face.

DFrost

·
Registered
249 Posts
The story didn't go on to say how this girl got the new pup. I'd like to think that
someone generously gave that new Aussie pup to her!

I really hope they catch the perp! I HATE to think it could happen again (to her or
any other person & their dog)

·
Registered
269 Posts
What are the odds of them actually catching the person that did that? I mean like seriously. I would hope that they would find the person and give them a punishment a little worse then a slap on the wrist. What they did was just unimaginable by any sane person. I think whoever did it definitely needs some help, maybe a straight jacket.... I don't know. Think of the emotional scars that will leave on that poor girl, she will probably not want to open gifts at Christmas ever again or any other gift for that matter. I know I wouldn't!

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
it made both my girl and myself cry (well--i only teared up after she started. tough like that..) . sick SOB, i'd like to do *something* just for making my baby girl (she's 15, BTW) cry.
bast#rd...

·
Registered
269 Posts
hopefully with the raise in the reward someone will come forward, because someone has to know who did this....

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Hopefully the US Postal service is involved since this was mailed to her.
Unfortunately the punishment won't fit the crime.
I have visions of a home run swing with a baseball bat when I read crap like this. :evil:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Woody, what's wrong with calling the HSUS the Humane Society? That's what I've ALways heard it called.

Hopefully the US Postal service is involved since this was mailed to her.
I didn't think the package was actually mailed to her; it says that a gift wrapped box was left on her doorstep.

I really hope that the person who did this is found, but sadly, the punishment will likely not fit the crime, as Bob said. If he does go to jail, though, you can bet he'll get what he deserves if the other inmates find out what he's in for.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts