Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chaos, being the very considerate soul that she is, presented me with 7 pups between the hours of 1:00 and 5:30 PM. Now isn't that nice :) No late nights staying up supervising here. 5M and 2F (BAD Mac, BAD Mac). I was hoping for more girls, but oh well. 2 of the boys have their moms little white feet. Everyone looks healthy and happy, bunch of good little eaters. Chaos is settling in to motherhood like the experienced mom she is.

Mom and Dad

The little darlings

I'll be updating the pups page at http://www.dantero.com/litters.php?id=26 on a regular basis.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Congrats Kadi - they are cute little buggers right now.... until they turn into little maligators in a few weeks then they are even cuter IMHO! WTG Chaos, very considerate of her to have them at a descent hour:)

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
congrats chaos!! the babies look ABSOLUTELY sleek and healthy!
kadi-thank god it's friday (unless you have to work tomorrow!). i wonder: do you have rainstorms &/or a low pressure system over you (or did you early this a.m.?)?
the reason i ask: it's a well-known phenomena in the livestock business that animals will tend to have babies, if they're close to "due", if there's low pressure over the area. at least in my part of the world. when i heard that, i realized that both my children were born under a low-pressure system, and since, that if one watches, it holds pretty true across species!

just curious....

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Yay! Can't wait to see which one is mine. :-D Yes, Chaos was very very considerate. Good for her! The one little guy with the white leg reminds me of Two Socks the wolf from Dances With Wolves.

In my domestic animal behavior class this semester, the vet was talking about how in pigs there is a teat order and the most dominant piglets get the ones most cranial (towards the head) and the less dominant ones get the more caudal one. The mammary glands towards the head generally produce more milk and are less dangerous for the piglets as the sow will sometimes accidently kick the piglets. Wonder if that is true in dogs as well.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
That's the plan anyways! Wanted a girl, but sounds like it'll be a boy with the numbers. Then again, I do relish not having to walk the dogs until 9 AM on the weekends...Zoso isn't as destructive any more...everyone is content to sleep most of the day if they have had their exercise...what am I thinking disrupting this peaceful picture?! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
congrats chaos!! the babies look ABSOLUTELY sleek and healthy!
kadi-thank god it's friday (unless you have to work tomorrow!). i wonder: do you have rainstorms &/or a low pressure system over you (or did you early this a.m.?)?
the reason i ask: it's a well-known phenomena in the livestock business that animals will tend to have babies, if they're close to "due", if there's low pressure over the area. at least in my part of the world. when i heard that, i realized that both my children were born under a low-pressure system, and since, that if one watches, it holds pretty true across species!

just curious....
It was raining on and off all week. Heavy rain and low pressure systems. I don't think it was raining on Thurs when they were born, but did before and after.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts