Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Biodegradable, flavored shotgun pellets. I cannot tell if this is a joke or not, it does not look like a joke. I guess the pellets melt down in oven heat.

http://www.seasonshot.com/Home.cfm

I'm not a hunter, never quite understood the charm, but this is just weird. Can they come up with a shotgun shell that will microwave your bird? That would be neat enough...shoot it...pick it up...take a big bite out of it.

I think some LEOs here should start carrying these shells for the hell of it. Tell a perp that not only are you going to shoot, but you are going to shoot with FLAVOR.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Hey cool! - anyone with metal fillings in their teet who has ever taken a nice bite of duck and come down on a piece of steelshot can appreciate the idea.... :eek:

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
...and if you can't see the charm of hunting Woody it is probably just low prey drive - a little rag work, some two ball might help. If not you'll probably make a nice pet.... :D

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lynn Cheffins said:
...and if you can't see the charm of hunting Woody it is probably just low prey drive - a little rag work, some two ball might help. If not you'll probably make a nice pet.... :D
I make a miserable pet, ask my wife, I still pee in the kitchen and dry-hump the neighbors.

I am a gun owner and stuff. People are fine to do what they want. But recreational hunting always left a bad taste in my mouth. I've been an animal nut all of my life, never really saw the point in going out in shooting one so I could talk about shooting one. I dig wild animals, they are cool and awesome things.

I just don't think it should be considered a "sport." A sport is something with voluntary participation of all included in the fun. I don't know what hunting is. And I really dislike bear hunting, most any form of hunting higher-order mammals.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Woody:
I'm pretty sure you don't want to start a pros vs. cons of hunting type of discussion. It can be a heck of an emotional topic and I'll bet there's people from both sides of the fence on this forum.

I, for one, am an animal-lover (and have a degree in wildlife management), but also love to hunt. What some people don't understand is that the recreational hunters' love for the "sport" has been responsible for saving millions of acres of habitat and several species of wildlife. All that dough we pay in license fees (and to Ducks Unlimited, etc. etc.) goes to a good cause. If it weren't for hunters, there would be a few more species on the "extinct" or "endangered" list.

Love the idea of flavored, biodegradable pellets!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Konnie Hein said:
Woody:
I'm pretty sure you don't want to start a pros vs. cons of hunting type of discussion. It can be a heck of an emotional topic and I'll bet there's people from both sides of the fence on this forum.
You must be new here. My name is Woody. I am the idiot mod. Welcome to our forum, Konnie! :wink: General rule of thumb: Friday lunchtime + bored newb Mod =intentionally trying to flame good forum members. :lol: I figured we'd started a gay rights thread next week, since I just realized that to really support gay rights I should vote Republican [/rimshot].

I, for one, am an animal-lover (and have a degree in wildlife management), but also love to hunt. What some people don't understand is that the recreational hunters' love for the "sport" has been responsible for saving millions of acres of habitat and several species of wildlife.
No question about that. I hate golf, too. It's just that hunting doesn't line up with stuff I like to do with ("to" ? :lol:) animals. I don't get it. And I definitely have problems with some hunting practices like bear baiting, etc. I just wish people would hunt without guns, those deer-man fights make for cool videos. I like hunting where the animals win sometimes (I mean by really messing up hunters). Seriously, I love reading about people trying to shoot Cape Buffaloes. That is comedy gold.

If it weren't for hunters, there would be a few more species on the "extinct" or "endangered" list.
Ah...that is true...but there's certainly a lot of different examples of excessive hunting doing a great deal of damage and I think you'd agree that hunting seasons and catch should be tightly regulated to prevent abuses. I agree 100% that the vast majority of hunters have the best interests of preservation in mind and that modern hunting is sustainable, good for the economy, etc.. But I think most hippies really are peaceful folks, but I don't like smoking weed with them, and I generally hate the Grateful Dead.

Love the idea of flavored, biodegradable pellets!
The animal killer (I"m kidding, relax) in the office next to mine refuses to believe this is a real product. Now it's bugging me. They're claiming to be based in Bloomington...I should break into their offices and see if they put a round of teryaki-flavored shot in my butt.

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
What does a Dead-Head who ran out of dope say?

"Wow. This music sucks!"

Hunting, like religion and politics, is best left to other furums. Forums with even weirder people on them than this one. :eek:

The people who hunt are defending themselves, not the abuse and excess nuts, and the "anti" people are talking about abuse and excess.

JMO, as a poster only.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Connie Sutherland said:
What does a Dead-Head who ran out of dope say?

"Wow. This music sucks!"

Hunting, like religion and politics, is best left to other furums. Forums with even weirder people on them than this one. :eek:

The people who hunt are defending themselves, not the abuse and excess nuts, and the "anti" people are talking about abuse and excess.

JMO, as a poster only.
I disagree. As a poster only. ;-) Life's too short to make things out to be a WASP dinner party. And keep in mind I'm saying I don't get hunting, not that hunters should be shot and killed randomly and unexpectedly at a distance at certain times of the year by people they don't know. I'm just saying I don't get it. I can be a fun thread or a negative one...

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Konnie Hein said:
I agree with Connie's comments. And oh boy, Woody, you are a trip! I told you that you shouldn't go there! :lol: What does your boss think about all this time you spend on the net?
S/he's a hunter, away on a hunting trip.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
It's deer season here -and as a raw feeder I have a tendency to suck up to hunters and trappers and the local farmers...... I scored an entire cow this spring(slipped on the mud and strangled in a feeder) and get a fair bit of beaver, and venison and moose bones. Hunting does definitely contribute to the local economy here and certainly contributes to keep me and the dogs fed as I have many hunter customers (make dog and other custom outdoors eqpt). Believe me, alot of those hunters don't get a deer and don't even care much - they had a week at the hunt camp to practice bad hygiene,not shave, eat fried foods for three meals a day and go for a nice walk in the bush with the dog(you can dog deer here).
It's like a ghost town in town and god help you if you need a plumber or electrician or anything else - everything is short staffed for the hunt.
Some good "Hunter's Widows" parties too....

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I'm sitting here drooling about the thought of bunnys shot with candy flavored shot. =P~ =P~ =P~

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
i didn't go to the site, but do they have chicken flavor? that'd really be better in bunnies (unless you mean "Bunnies", Bob?? in which case the candy would be best of course :) ). perhaps beef flavor for deer/elk/moose...

the birds, chicken again...neat idea for those of us that eat game.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Ah...that is true...but there's certainly a lot of different examples of excessive hunting doing a great deal of damage and I think you'd agree that hunting seasons and catch should be tightly regulated to prevent abuses.
:D I just couldn't let this go, Woody. Its too funny. Your examples are the American Bison and the Passenger Pigeon?? I suppose you're gonna start blaming modern-day hunters for the disappearance of the Woolly Mammoth, Great Auk and Dodo too, right??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ...all in good fun...

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
ann freier said:
how 'bout maple/bacon on the birds? (where'd you get the drooling emoticon???) put it here, ok?
At the bottom of the emoticons there is
"View more Emoticons". Click on that.
:eek: Candy flavored Bunnies?!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Konnie Hein said:
:D I just couldn't let this go, Woody. Its too funny. Your examples are the American Bison and the Passenger Pigeon?? I suppose you're gonna start blaming modern-day hunters for the disappearance of the Woolly Mammoth, Great Auk and Dodo too, right???
Nah, my point there is that we talk up how great hunting is for the environment and neglect to point out that uncontrolled, unregulated hunting is most often tragic for the environment. Lead shot, tribal hunting and fishing, poaching, etc. are examples of modern hunting abuses.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts