Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an agonizing two year wait, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is almost here! Who else is excited? Any big predictions? Any pre-release plans? How fast are you going to try to finish it?

·
Registered
580 Posts
I'll be at the release party and will be heading home to stay up till 5 am to read it like I always do :)

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I'll go to B&N for the party, but go get the book at Wal-Mart as the line will be significantly shorter (they recently opened up 2 new Super Wal-Marts in addition to one that was already there in a town of less than 100,000). I leave for an academic conference in San Antonio at like 4 AM that morning, so I'll be up reading whether I want to or not. Hopefully my platform presentation the next day won't suffer too much for it. But we all know which is more important. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
I'll probably pick it up at the local WalMart after it's been out for about a day. I find they don't have any problems keeping them in stock, and then there is no wait at all, just grab it and go buy it :) Besides, it usually takes me a few days to find the time to get over there. Course then I'll read it as soon as I get home :)

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Same as Kadi, but Target not Walmart for me. I will try not let myself read it too quickly as it's the last & I want to savor it. We should start a permanent Harry Potter Book Club thread in the "Canine Lounge" of this message board - if nothing else it will drive poor ole' Jeff bananas/ape$hit/coocoo for cocopuffs!!!

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ha, I bet Jeff's a HP fan. He should name his next Malinois puppy Voldemort. Voldie for short. :lol:

I am going to read it all in one shot Friday night/Saturday morning just because I don't want to hear anyone spoil it for me. Unfortunately, I think I already got spoiled by it by some a-hole on another site who posted supposedly real scans of the final chapter. :evil: I was was okay with the ending as my fav character was said to live, but still...then again, someone told me of another spoiler scan of the book where that character does not live, so who knows? People are just too good with Photoshop these days.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Favorite book: Prisoner of Azkaban and Half-Blood Prince. Basically, I hated the teenage "let's make out with someone to make someone else jealous" crap, but the rest of the writing, especially concerning the 4 cardinal characters of Harry, Dumbledore, Snape, and Voldie were great!

Favorite character: hands down, by far, Severus Snape. Other favorites: Dumbledore, Hermione, Remus Lupin, Mad-Eye Moody, and Sirius (when he's not being a jerk, hehe). Ron and Harry actually annoy me a great deal of the time. ;)

Favorite weird animal: dragons and hippogriffs.

Favorite magic: becoming an Animagus. I'd love to be a wolf Animagus!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I really need to start reading these books!;) I have seen everyone of the movies that have come out but have not gotten around to reading any of the books at all. Guess I will have to start at the beginning. I have heard though that you miss a lot of information if you only watch the movies:?:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Saw OotPx this past weekend and must say it was my LEAST favorite of all the films. Will be going to the book release, which will make it hard to get up and head for Tulsa bright and early the next morning, but such is life.

Any guesses on whether Dumbledore is really dead?

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JK Rowling said in an interview that he is definitely dead and that he's not going to "pull a Gandalf." But I bet he'll still make some sort of appearance.

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oooh, Dumbledore has some lady admirers! ;) Most of the gals are real into Lucius, Sirius, Severus, Harry, etc. Not that many Albus fans out there. I'm a Snape fan girl myself, but the more power to ya! I always wondered if him and McGonnagall had a thing.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Ah, see, for me it would be Fred and George Weasley...

you know, double the trouble, double the fun :twisted:

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya know, in the first few movies, I thought the twins were a little on the homely side, but then by Goblet of Fire, it was like they grew up and were all the sudden hot. :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am more of a Sirius fan myself. Although, I have also heard of some people saying they really like Hagrid.

I understand the Harry and Jenny become an item in one of the books...any hints as to which one?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts