Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas prices are ridiculous. I'm getting one of THESE.

I'm only half joking, but I have to convince Adam to let me actually buy one. He DID say the other day when I joked about getting a scooter, that I could as long as it didn't cost more than his motorcycle :-k I think he thought I couldn't FIND one that cheap, that would go faster than 40mph! :lol:

And hey, how many people do you know have a purple and white racing moped, with 13" rims and an all-powerful 9.5hp engine?! :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Wish I still had my Cushman Eagle. Not only are they worth a lot of money now, but they are fun to ride and go forever on a gallon of gas.

They used to have a Whizzer Motor Bike as well. They were neat machines.

DFrost

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'm with you I want one too!! I only drive like a mile to work, and with gas prices I have to save half my check just to go to work! (well not really that much but you know?!)

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
Wish I still had my Cushman Eagle. Not only are they worth a lot of money now, but they are fun to ride and go forever on a gallon of gas.

They used to have a Whizzer Motor Bike as well. They were neat machines.

DFrost
Had the Cushman Eagle (super cool) and also a Cushman Pacemaker (dud).
Graduated to a new, 67 Triumph motorcycle. Sold it after my first kid in 71. ](*,)

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Now that's kind of neat. I graduated from my Cushman to a BSA, a 1958 model. Wish I still had it as well. I sold it for $150.00 when I joined the military.

DFrost

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My commute is a little further, Kim. It's 13 miles from my house to work. If it was a mile, I'd walk! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
Pssh, I'm in belgium n it costs me $100 to fill up a lil car. Quitcha whining ;)
Yeah, maybe so but you're in Begium!!!! Probably among the friendliest people in Europe. I visited the cemetary there to visit an uncles grave and was invited to dinner by an elderly couple. An amazing place.

DFrost

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Kristen, it's just 13 miles...get a dog scooter and do it like they did in the old days! ;) One of these days, we're going to see the return of hitching posts outside of businesses and such, I swear...horses are cheap nowadays and gas is expensive!

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'd LOVE to, Maren, but with traffic the way it is, I'm safer on a scooter! :lol: There's only about 3 miles that isn't highway or interstate. Then, what would I do with the dogs (or horse) when I got to work?

·
Registered
269 Posts
I would ride a bike if we had one! I have thought about walking also! I am just lazy I am not going to lie! I would walk home from work after walking there, working all day and walking home and my hubby would be like ok lets train your dog!! LOL I would be TIRED! I just wish Gas prices would go down already

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have a scooter! It is electric though. I love it, everyone makes me fun on me when I ride it. I used to take it to the races, it was my "pit bike" Beats walking, and way cheaper than a golf cart!

Mike I heard about you being in Belgium, hows that going for you? LOL I heard you found a little farm just outside of Holland. Thats awesome.

·
Registered
269 Posts
nothing wrong with riding a scooter around! hell if I had a bike I would ride it to work... I only live a few miles away (like 2 miles at the most) I don't really want to walk there work 8 hours and walk home.... yeah I am lazy! lol

·
Registered
512 Posts
Errrmm, until you're paying about US$7 per gallon, you're doing better than us in the UK...............still wouldn't get a scooter!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts