Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,196 Posts
I have to ask; are the coverings on the ankle to protect the ankle or to ensure the dog does not bite lower?

Second question; Gee what is that funny liooking box on the dog's neck.

Ok, the first question is serious.

DFrost

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to ask; are the coverings on the ankle to protect the ankle or to ensure the dog does not bite lower?
To learn the dog he never ever can bite lower, it will break the leg/ankle of decoy and will injure the dog.

Second question; Gee what is that funny liooking box on the dog's neck.
Visiting petboard again, huh:-k

·
Registered
375 Posts
In French Ring we always taught the dog to bite with his eyes to the outside. Is it different in KNPV (I believe that's what you train)?

Nice pictures, nice grip! :)

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
In French Ring we always taught the dog to bite with his eyes to the outside. Is it different in KNPV (I believe that's what you train)?
Hi Pauline,

Yes, we train KNPV.

We teach the eyes inside, ´cause the decoy will run into the dog on the stick attack. The collapse of a full speed dog in attack and running decoy into the dog will cause a lot of injuries with the dog and decoy if you teach the eyes inside. The dog will turn his body before the decoy, decoy can trip over the dog, the dog will hurt his neck, back or jaw.

"Nice" example is something I heard yesterday: a young dog, distance 25 meters, turns her head with eyes inside, comes very fast, doesn´t look/time good enough in her attack: broken jaw.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts