Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
589 Posts
I missed the concert, unfortunately, as I was born a few months late. But there was something...something about that summer of '69 that will forever be a part of me.

Mother, father...brother? and is it the homeless dog? Universal jams. Gotta love it...thanks for sharing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,702 Posts
One of my favorites too. I was 12 going on 13. It was a great time of innocence for me. I thought if we all tried, the world could be a better place. What a dolt! :roll:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Michele McAtee said:
I missed the concert, unfortunately, as I was born a few months late. But there was something...something about that summer of '69 that will forever be a part of me.

Mother, father...brother? and is it the homeless dog? Universal jams. Gotta love it...thanks for sharing.
I almost went to Woodstock.

I fully realize that 17.9 million of my contemporaries attended :lol: , but you know it was RAINING! Too yucky out for me! #-o
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No harm meant, Connie...honest! :wink:

Unfortunately for me, I wouldn't be born until 8yrs after the concert. I heard about Woodstock by watching the documentary as a kid, but, I do have to admit to confusing Richie Havens for Jimi Hendrix :oops: Cut me some slack though, I was only 9-10 at the time!


Here's another classic Havens song from Woodstock:

"Handsome Johhny"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waD2dchFWlk




Andy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,869 Posts
I had been married a couple of years when Woodstock hit the fan.
It would have been easy to say I went though. Connie is the first one of our era (older folks :D ) that didn't claim to have been there. :lol: :lol:
Great music!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,548 Posts
I don't know about Woodstock, but hopefully a few folks recognize the reference in naming two of my three dogs. 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,748 Posts
I was 14 that summer. Did not get to go but have a well worn copy of the album. Wore out my cassette tape.

Great music. I will have to dig it out.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,210 Posts
Bob Scott said:
I had been married a couple of years when Woodstock hit the fan.
It would have been easy to say I went though. Connie is the first one of our era (older folks :D ) that didn't claim to have been there. :lol: :lol:
Great music!
Oh, I was long married too...... I should say "WE" didn't go because it rained. :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,973 Posts
Not that I'm against old timer music, I just like GOOD old timer music.


Current favorite old fogey quartet:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2-iwHbnXXo

Best old fogey quartet with worst teeth and overall hygiene...EINS, ZWEI, DREI!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve-qnrUz9pY

And the holiest of REAL hippy holies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvCxUuSCMPA

Not fogies, but I can't believe this most excellent puppy desensitization song is over ten years old now :( :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXxd207ANlc

Your ears will thank me later. Listen to these and go beat up someone over 35.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,196 Posts
I can tell I'm getting pretty old. The only music I thought was worth a flip in all those links were the two Havens' recording and Sabbath. The rest was just noise.

Bring on the Stones, one more time. The true bad boys of Rock and Roll.

DFrost
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,973 Posts
David Frost said:
I can tell I'm getting pretty old. The only music I thought was worth a flip in all those links were the two Havens' recording and Sabbath. The rest was just noise.

Bring on the Stones, one more time. The true bad boys of Rock and Roll.
I do like them, too.

No New York Dolls? David? They were the true bad boy/girls of Rock and Roll.
 
1 - 20 of 99 Posts
Top