Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the stickattack in KNPV something you can train/condition a "medium" dog to perform, or does it take a really good dog to perform a nice hard stickattack? Are many dog washed out from the KNPV-programm because they can´t deal with this particular exersize?

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
you can train a medium dog on it.
We learn from puppy hood a little smash with a light stick, and verbally praise him "good dog". At the end how harder the stick comes down, the dogs thinks he´s VERY good boy.

We have dogs who gets very challenged by raising the stick and get even more explosive (the onces we breed). And we have (had) dogs we have to learn to take the stick and the throwing objects (mostly mals).

Have made a vid of my Anne yesterday, if i have put it on my computer you can see a young dog who can care less of a stick or throwing object. Actually she gets a bit mad and is biting harder :wink:

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
We train (Schutzhund) stick hits the same as Selena. To a puppy it's nothing more then a pat on the back.
The individual temperment of the dog will tell you how serious they take it.
Nothing makes my dog crazier then stick hits with civil agitation. With a sleeve on, he still looks at it as a part of the game.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts