Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some times, this one just takes the breath away from the decoy.
But "flyers", the ones who jumps a meter of 3-4 before they hit a decoy, could have problems. I have one with an severe concusion (Spike), and I heard some neck hernia´s.

·
Premium Member
3,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We don´t teach them that, we don´t take it away either.. it´s a natural/genetic thing.
Blocking could be thaught but by the best dogs (IMO) it comes natural. Rocky and Spike are natural flyers (did you see the arras vid on the Tommie/velp site? that sort of flying), Robbie runs into the decoy and comes to the armpit in a meter affront the helper. Very, very scary..a dog who doesn´t hit the brakes and hit you at a high speed and 40 + kg :oops:

Anne is a flyer and blocker (came flying in the middle of my back AU!, biting in my arm from the age of 12 wks :roll: ), we try to get her to the leg though because of her height (60 cm), she´s though(body hardness) enough to handle the frontal attack on the leg.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.