1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
11,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some times, this one just takes the breath away from the decoy.
But "flyers", the ones who jumps a meter of 3-4 before they hit a decoy, could have problems. I have one with an severe concusion (Spike), and I heard some neck hernia´s.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Selena van Leeuwen said:
Some times, this one just takes the breath away from the decoy.
But "flyers", the ones who jumps a meter of 3-4 before they hit a decoy, could have problems. I have one with an severe concusion (Spike), and I heard some neck hernia´s.
is that something you start teaching the dogs very early? making them jump over something for every bite to build up the "launch", or is it more genetic than anything?

robbie is not one of those flyers?

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We don´t teach them that, we don´t take it away either.. it´s a natural/genetic thing.
Blocking could be thaught but by the best dogs (IMO) it comes natural. Rocky and Spike are natural flyers (did you see the arras vid on the Tommie/velp site? that sort of flying), Robbie runs into the decoy and comes to the armpit in a meter affront the helper. Very, very scary..a dog who doesn´t hit the brakes and hit you at a high speed and 40 + kg :oops:

Anne is a flyer and blocker (came flying in the middle of my back AU!, biting in my arm from the age of 12 wks :roll: ), we try to get her to the leg though because of her height (60 cm), she´s though(body hardness) enough to handle the frontal attack on the leg.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Selena van Leeuwen said:
We don´t teach them that, we don´t take it away either.. it´s a natural/genetic thing.
Blocking could be thaught but by the best dogs (IMO) it comes natural. Rocky and Spike are natural flyers (did you see the arras vid on the Tommie/velp site? that sort of flying), Robbie runs into the decoy and comes to the armpit in a meter affront the helper. Very, very scary..a dog who doesn´t hit the brakes and hit you at a high speed and 40 + kg :oops:

Anne is a flyer and blocker (came flying in the middle of my back AU!, biting in my arm from the age of 12 wks :roll: ), we try to get her to the leg though because of her height (60 cm), she´s though(body hardness) enough to handle the frontal attack on the leg.
wow. robbie and anne....what a combination....imagine the possibilities... :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts