Working Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be sending in everything to start even though we are already training for it. If anyone is interested ill give you info on training days and time. all breeds welcome. pm me for my phone info if you would like to start

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not sure if we would have a trial. for a while im goin to one in the carolinas here in may. but you welcome to come train

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Why in the heck did you do that??? Just start a Mondio club, it has the same scenarios minus the ego BS.

Plus, after reading all the crap that is going on with it, might as well start a K9prosport club to go along with it.

This was one mans ego dream, after he couldn't cut it in FR. It proves nothing to anyone about your dog, and people should start to recognize this.

I see PSA 1 dogs out there breeding left and right, and quite honestly, I wish the owners had went with a sport that the rest of us could tell soething about the dog by.

This is getting rediculous. :D :D :D

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok so apparently you drank some hateraide this mornin. dude there is nothin wrong with asr. i dont like schH but i dont go bitchin at everyone one for trainin it. and do you know ted, he is a nice guy. and anyway i also train for french ring. i have nothin to prove i know how my dogs are i am just havin fun and tryin to help others. so unless you have something nice to say leave it alone. i dont like gsd's but you dont see me sayin why do people own these dogs. apples and oranges man. if you dont like it dont train it. thanx for the advise

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Apparently you are 22 and missed the point. ASR is a joke, and we judge dogs by the sport they compete in. Hard enough to find dogs good enough to stud to, but then you add in the joke of a sport they are competing in, and it makes it tougher. I see a lot of PSA1 and ASR1 dogs, and from the videos I have seen it is not some impossible task, so where are all the higher level dogs??????? Which leads us to believe that the sport is a goof.

Yes I know Ted, and he is a nice guy that invented (sorta) an ego maniac sport, and the application of this sport is a goof.

Not everything is as personal as you are making it out to be. Stick with FR.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i personally think all sports are just for fun and not for real live work i give alot of props to you mondio and nvbk and knpv guys. but im in the sports to have fun. not for anything else. i may only be 24 but i have been training for years and am a graduate of tom rose school not that that means anything other than certificates. but i have trained in many dogs sports and have accomplished many titles. but i am sticking with fr because its fun and the club i train with is a good group of people. but i am venturing into asr as another fun thing to do, as well as to help rebuild its rep to be a good thing, and not a bunch of people with big egos. personally i would train knpv if i could get with people to do it. i like to train for real life scenarios. most of the people in my training club are police officers with their working k9s and im sure you will agree that no sport compares to a real working dog.(meaning you can t train police dogs as for a sport) i like the concept of asr and what the original plan was and thats why ted took it back over because of the negative things that were happening. i would like to help make it something good. and on the level of mondio and french ring. but like i said to each its own you may not want to do it but dont bust on someone tryin to do somethin good. and whats age got to do with it. experience is were its at. but anyway i appreciate your advice and hope you do well with what your doin

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i am not here for drama i am here to learn and teach and help with people that need it not bust on people for their likes and dislikes. so lets keep it at that

·
Registered
942 Posts
IMHO.......as long as people are doing the sport they like let them go out and enjoy it. Dog training is like a lot of sports............the more you do the more you learn so the more experienced you get. Checking out other types of the dog sport is a good thing to get tips n tricks from all different types of training. Sometimes you can get some great idea's from different training techniques. :wink:

·
Banned
11,727 Posts
Age is always a factor one way or the other.

On the good side, 24 is young enough to still be fast.

On the bad side, you still have not recognized that there are sport dogs that will eat you alive, a PD's that will barely bite a sleeve. It is the dog, and no amount of training will make one the other or vise versa. :D

I hope you can see that FR is a much better deal, and "real life" scenarios are not "real" and rarely needed in "life". I do recognize that they are fun.

In time I hope you start to see that the reason we are getting dogs from europe, and they are NOT getting them from us is the differing factions.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i really agree with you on the sport dog and pd thing. i think the reason is because the pd are equipment oriented.i have seen several pd dogs that werent worth a fuck. now weather they were good dogs and their handlers lacked training or messed them up was there deal, and i have seen several sport dogs that will tear a man up. not sayin they are not out there(quite a bit actually). and i understand the europe thing. but like i said i understand you hate asr, as i have seen your post on other forum but just leave it be if you dont like it fine. just leave me alone because i want to help improve it

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
look jeff if you dont like asr leave it at that i dont want to get in this with someone like you. i dont train for titles i train for the aspect of real dogs. and yes they are used in real life situations what do you call police and military work.. im not concered with your training or your programs that are reconized i have seen many non titled dogs that i would breed to. because of their workability. your last two mondio trials didnt go to well 138nq and 145nq if you were such a good trainer then you would have passed with a high score since your busted on good trainers for choosing to start an american based training style. if you like europe move there. hope the pup stop treats you well. now that thats out lets leave it at that ASR For life.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Let's stick with Steve starting an ASR club in Illinois, good luck with that Steve.

Haterade. That was a pretty good one, I have to admit.

915p Central ETA...locking this thread for a bit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.