Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there know how to switch the VTS_01 files to an acceptable format (MPEG 2 or 4) to upload to U-Tube?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
there are programs that will convert files from one format to another. i use AVS video converter. i don't think there is a way to change it on the camera...

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tim. I downloaded the file to my hard drive, playing around with it now using Nero 7....if this conversion does not work I'll try the AVS. Appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Thanks Tim. I downloaded the file to my hard drive, playing around with it now using Nero 7....if this conversion does not work I'll try the AVS. Appreciate it.
the only issue i've had with AVS is the video and audio not syncing up sometimes. specifically it happened when our trainer gave me a DVD that he recorded from an analog camcorder. so in this case, the file was converted twice (from analog to a .mov, then from .mov to .wmv). the resulting file had the aforementioned sync problems. when i've done other conversions, i haven't had any problems...

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
I use Adobe Premiere Elements 2 ($99 at amazon I believe) to do my video editing for stuff like that. You can make some really nice videos if you spend a few hours figuring out the software and have a computer fast enough to not wanna kick it when it takes forever to make a few changes ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts