Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
pic #3, Benta: awesome!!

how do you get the helper to look SO happy to be getting bit??

you have the fancy camera--keep 'em coming!! oh--and how do you keep your grass so GREEN?? i guess i'll have to try a pic of the grass in nebraska so you can see what i'm working with here...or, check the photo gallery for brix pics; that shows our grass color... :)

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Gorgeous dogs!! I love Benta's expression of "I'm still holding on even if you're going to carry me! See?"

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Very nice pictures and dogs. I really like the two pictures of Spike on the back attack/Werpaanval?- as I am partial to "fliers", especially when they are able to bring the decoy down :twisted:

In Robbie's picture - bike attack/fiefsstellen? - is this where he usually targets? Do you prefer the dogs to bite higher on the leg rather then closer to the ankle area ?

In the first picture of Benta, stick attack/stokaanval?, it looks like she is targeting the decoy's stomach area - maybe just me or just the angle the picture was taken.

I am only asking to learn - not to question your training methods.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ann freier said:
pic #3, Benta: awesome!!

how do you get the helper to look SO happy to be getting bit??

you have the fancy camera--keep 'em coming!! oh--and how do you keep your grass so GREEN?? i guess i'll have to try a pic of the grass in nebraska so you can see what i'm working with here...or, check the photo gallery for brix pics; that shows our grass color... :)

It is her old owner, who had her on the suit for the first time since a more than a year. He really enjoys working her and fool around a bit :lol:

The grass is green ´cause it is still very warm for the time of the year here, and it rains a lot.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lacey Vessell said:
Very nice pictures and dogs. I really like the two pictures of Spike on the back attack/Werpaanval?- as I am partial to "fliers", especially when they are able to bring the decoy down :twisted:
it is great to see, but it can cause a lot of injuries, we prefer a bit less flying. But it is his way to attack (not learned).

In Robbie's picture - bike attack/fiefsstellen? - is this where he usually targets? Do you prefer the dogs to bite higher on the leg rather then closer to the ankle area ?
Yes, he has to target at the backside of the knee. If he attacks lower the chance of missing and injuries (both dog and decoy) is bigger. Dick says it is most certain target spot, the leg is moving due the cycling. If you see the pics on the site, you can she the whole serie (of decoy´s legmovement

In the first picture of Benta, stick attack/stokaanval?, it looks like she is targeting the decoy's stomach area - maybe just me or just the angle the picture was taken.
I think it is the angle, her body lands on the decoy´s body and she bites at the decoys biceps. It is more secure if the dog "blocks" the decoy

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Thanks for the response and the knowledge Selena. I just looked at the pictures on your site and was better able to see why one would want the dog to engage and bite higher on the leg. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tammy McDowell said:
I know you mentioned in a previous post having a new camera, what type of camera do you use?
canon Eos 350 D, in america it is the digital rebel of Canon,this pictures were made with a 90-300 lense of canon.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts