Working Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this has been bugging me can people not read, i see alot of new members with weird names. i guess not everyone knows how to follow rules. sorry was just buggin me

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I'm just guessing here but I think they can sign up with "nicknames"[-X ...but I don't think that necessarily means they have been "approved" to post or even view forum member only material. What's really nice, and props to Mike and "staff" is that the spammers do not get through =D> Now if I can just figure out these smiley thingies....

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
I'm just guessing here but I think they can sign up with "nicknames"[-X ...but I don't think that necessarily means they have been "approved" to post or even view forum member only material. What's really nice, and props to Mike and "staff" is that the spammers do not get through =D> ...
You are correct, Lacey. :>)

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
bot comes from robot, an automatically made registration to spam boards etc.

·
Premium Member
4,983 Posts
We do get the occasional human that cannot read but I have since tried to make it absolutely clear on the sign up that you can't sign up with nicknames. But yes most of them are bots and if they're not approved manually they cannot post or read the forum. Once in a while I go thru them all and delete them.

·
Banned
24 Posts
I for one am a real person, but due to safety issues, I never use my real name on the internet...you never know who is out there. You are more than welcome to ban me for it, but I'd rather remain a lurker with an odd name who occasionally says something.

Up to you though.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I get the shakes when I hear my first REAL name. I have flashbacks of a big nun stomping down the isle with a ruler in her hand.
Haven't used it since grade school.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.