Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do you post a link to a specific pedigree? when you are looking at a selected pedigree the link in the browser bar doesn't change. i think i have seen links posted to specific pedigrees before, so i'm pretty sure it can be done, i just don't know how.

thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
web site

Tim
Do you mean like this http://www.bloedlijnen.nl/pdfstamboom.php?ID=3498

Click zoeken and type in the dogs name, when you find the dog you want click on the dogs/owners name and then that page will come up, right?
The above dog is Rudie Pegge, so when his page comes up, all the way on the top you will see this BRN3498 and then a little symbol (I think it is a Adobe Reader symbol?) that you can click on and then another page will come up for the same dog and the title of the page is Afstamming.

When that page is up, on the top in the tool bar you will see the little world symbol with an envelope. If you click on that you will have a little window open and it will give you three choices and one of them is Send Link. If you click on that it will open into a email type window with that pages address already in the email space. At that point what I do is highlite it and right click and copy, then you can paste it wherever you want to. Their may be an easier way, but that is what I have kind of figured out and it works.........

Doug

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike Schoonbrood said:
Why does that pedigree look so familiar to me??
don't know. our county just picked up this dog. i got a look at it on sunday. we didn't have much to work with. just a sleeve and some OB. he got his PH1 in july. i'm sure he hasn't had to let go of a bite since then. he certainly wanted the sleeve and did NOT want to let go. hopefully i'll be able to go out decoy during the dog's basic patrol school and get a better feel for him.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tim Martens said:
www.bloedlijnen.nl/stamboom.php?ID=9008#
this dog got returned this past week. i thought there would be problems. this dog was one serious mofo. sleeve, suit, nothing, he didn't care. he wanted to dismember you. VERY serious. VERY civil. i never got to see the dog work a search, i just saw him do some obedience and some bitework. i was told that on searches, when he would get in odor, he would get worked up in a frenzy. well they were doing a building search and the dog went into the room where the decoy was and he started doing his frenzy thing. the handler walked into the room and the dog lit him up. they couldn't get him off his arm for a little bit. not pretty from what i heard. as it was, the handler was afraid of this dog before this incident even though he had never come up the leash on him or balked at any correction. i have also been told that the dog wasn't that great of a search dog. not enough hunt drive, play drive, whatever you want to call it.

i'm not sure of the dogs suitability for police work because of the search issues, but he's a dog i would love to have for a breeding program. bred to a bitch with a lot of prey/play drive but lacking in seriousness would make for a nice litter potentially...

incidentally, when the unit supervisor brought the dog back, he picked out a nice, mellow GSD/Mal mix for the new handler. when he was in the hotel room with the dog and they were about to go out for a bite to eat, he grabbed the dog's collar, walked him over to the crate, let go of the collar and directed the dog into the crate. when he let go of the collar, the dog turned around and lit him up. not a good week for the county dog program....

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Tim, the GSD/Mal x did that or the crazy Dutchie did?

And I saw this on the pedigree of a Dutchie I was considering: Onbekend. Does that mean unknown?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Maren Bell Jones said:
Tim, the GSD/Mal x did that or the crazy Dutchie did?

And I saw this on the pedigree of a Dutchie I was considering: Onbekend. Does that mean unknown?
two different dogs. dutchie ate up the handler on a search. the dog they picked out to replace the dutchie (the GSD/Mal) ate up the supervisor at the hotel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.