Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Rook at 8 months old now. Maybe a little too beefy for ringsport, but I'd like Jeff to get ahold of him sometime and help me learn more about training. Strong agression and good grips, but I find the precise obedience required in schutzhund a bit challenging. He's pretty smart and good focus, so it's probably just me.

·
Banned
11,728 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Daryl, you have some of the best-looking GSDs around. Love those pics.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I don't know a whole lot about any sport, but I'm under the impression that mals, or quicker/lighter animals might excel better. Rook's motor-reaction speed is perhaps not fully developed, but I doubt he will exceed that of some of my other shepherds.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Daryl Ehret said:
Well, I don't know a whole lot about any sport, but I'm under the impression that mals, or quicker/lighter animals might excel better. Rook's motor-reaction speed is perhaps not fully developed, but I doubt he will exceed that of some of my other shepherds.
I'm sure you're right about the uppity-up levels but I've seen a 120 lb Presa bitch do mighty well on an FR1 routine, with some impressive decoy work. :wink: I guess--not a stretch in reasoning here--the jumping would be a limitation for a heavy dog, for a few different reasons. Even seeing a little 40 pound Border Collie (we have one that does ring at our club) hit the ground after that 1.8m jump makes my hips hurt.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
By my count, you have like 20 hours left on your meth high for more surreal posts. Timing this based on the initial post of your dog joke yesterday. Don't grind your teeth too much, meth mouth makes us more British.

Being called a cockroach is a step up from being called a dictator. I think? That may be regional.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Connie Sutherland said:
Tough call. I think it IS regional.
See, in El Salvador? Cockroach bad, dictator GOOD.

US? Dictator bad*, Cockroach GOOD.**

*highly subjective, based on a number of particular factors, Noam Chomsky defines a few of them.

**the big hissing cockroaches that are cool to look at in zoos.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Connie Sutherland said:
There are big hissing zoo cockoaches!?? :eek:
They spit (accurately), as well. My sister had to set next to a tank of them in college one semester in a bio class, they spit at her most of the time. NICE.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts