Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Animal Planet is airing "Ultimate Dog Championships" on Sunday. It supposedly will show the 3 levels of ringsport.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Connie Sutherland said:
[
A nice departure from their Eukanuba conformation shows!
I hope the same commentators aren't calling the ring sport.

"And up now...it's an old favorite. The Belgian Malinois. Jim, tell us about this great animal."

"Well, it's ugly."

"Jim, looks aren't everything...looks like a great pet to me!"

"You're out of your gourd. This animal is a nightmare in a home. Where the hell is the Pomeranian. I need a drink."

Okay then, Jim...next up...it's an old favorite. The Belgian Malinois. Jim?"

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Woody Taylor said:
Connie Sutherland said:
[
A nice departure from their Eukanuba conformation shows!
I hope the same commentators aren't calling the ring sport.

"And up now...it's an old favorite. The Belgian Malinois. Jim, tell us about this great animal."

"Well, it's ugly."

"Jim, looks aren't everything...looks like a great pet to me!"

"You're out of your gourd. This animal is a nightmare in a home. Where the hell is the Pomeranian. I need a drink."

Okay then, Jim...next up...it's an old favorite. The Belgian Malinois. Jim?"
Yep! :lol: :lol: I always think of the announcers in the movie "Best in Show." Fred Willard was totally hilarious.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
"Now THERE'S a happy fella!"

Killed me.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Looks like a full day of Belgian Malinois on Animal Planet, cool:

9am: Ultimate Dog Championships

1am: World's Ugliest Dog Competition

2am: K9 Patrol: The Best Of the Best (Canine and human soldiers train for battle)

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Best in Show is not a movie, it's a documentary. 8) I totally need to get that on DVD. Even reading the quotes from Internet Movie Database has me laughing. "I went to one of those obedience places once. It was all going well until they spilled hot candle wax on my private parts." :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Wow, this was a lot of fun and very interesting to watch. It was a Canadian event, they showed FR I, II, and III. Lots of interesting and skilled decoy work. I thought the narration and overall delivery was very responsible and informative.

Annie was a bit of a spaz when it was on. She heard stick hits and saw dogs on decoys, that's a bit more stimulation than she's used to on our living room TV.

Thanks for the heads-up on this, Susan!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
So, just a little more info...it was the Canadian Ring Championships in Alberta. The entire population of Alberta attended (all five of them).

I thought I saw some lurker names there. And Kadi, one of the FRII dogs was named "Dite"...was that one out of your kennel? The handler said she bought out of CA.

Anyway, congrats to anyone here who may have had a dog involved, that was fun.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
susan tuck said:
and the bouv goes in for the crotch! All kidding aside, it is nice to see this event televised.
Heh, yeah. At least they were nice enough to show that (and a GSD in the opening credits!) before it turned into the Mal show. But I liked that segment they did on Mals as a breed. Really liked the explanations they gave of the decoy work. And the differences in protection style of those two FRIII Mals doing object guard (but it seemed like the winner was pre-emptively attacking the decoy?).

·
Registered
5,548 Posts
Zoso was doing the same as Annie. I couldn't watch the first 15 minutes hardly without him running up to the screen and following the action. Cool stuff! Makes me wish there was a ring sport club in my state as I don't think there is one.

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
I missed it also but no doubt Animal Planet will show it lots of times in the next month or so.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts