Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Export Pedigree from the Netherlands - Thank You again Elly!!! (She paid the fee for my export pedigree as it would have cost me more in bank fees to wire the money, then the actual cost of the pedigree).

I looked at the AKC Site and it requests their form to be filled out as well as the export pedigree and from what I understand they also want a 4 generation pedigree from Raad van Beheer? Is this correct? Anyone have any experience with this?

·
Premium Member
3,443 Posts
I haven't done a dog from the Netherlands but I have registered a couple imported from France.

Is the Export pedigree in your name, with your US address? That's the first thing to verify, as that will create problems that can take months to resolve. Been there, done that.

If it is, the process is pretty simple.

Send them a copy of the front and back of the export pedigree (don't send originals, they aren't needed), their form off the website, 2 photos of the dog, and their money. The export pedigree should already have the dogs ancestors on it, so no need to send a second copy of the pedigree.

Make sure that the pedigree clearly says "EXPORT" on it somewhere. And the photos of the dog should be standing, the front showing the head/chest/legs and the side showing the dogs entire body.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kadi. The Export Pedigree is titled as such. It does have my name as the owner with my addy. It only lists his Sire and Dam though:(

·
Premium Member
3,751 Posts
I thought that de Raad van Beheer sended a 5 generation pedigree :???:

cant help you, sorry...Carmen probably knows how it works. I had never dealt with it before.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I emailed Carmen (his breeder) today, who has been wonderfully patient and helpful with/to me and all my questions, as she stated in an email a couple of weeks ago that she had received the pedigree's and would be sending them....maybe that included the 3 generation pedigree? Kinda confused me when Raad van Beheer sent me a letter a couple of weeks ago about an export pedigree - had no idea that the Registration Certificate was not good enough and an export pedigree was required. Learning alot though......

Just got an email response from Carmen - she has the pedigree's and will be sending them out to us on Friday. Thanks again for all responses.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
Not 100% sure on this, but I have always received the pink papers/export ped and a letter from the Kennel club which would be the equivalent of AKC/CKC Org in whatever Country the pup came from, which would be a CMKU stamp in my case and that is all that is required for CKC or AKC registration.

I say not 100% sure because I have never tried to register a dog with CKC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts