Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a difficult time finding a training facility. I feel like I’ve tried them all. Any recommendations for Scottsdale, Arizona? Or any part of Arizona I’d be willing to travel. I usually work my dogs in PSA. I’d like to try French ring or even Schutzhund. I am trying to get my dogs out there and have some fun. I would like to work towards trialing my dogs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
3 Posts
I am having a difficult time finding a training facility. I feel like I’ve tried them all. Any recommendations for Scottsdale, Arizona? Or any part of Arizona I’d be willing to travel. I usually work my dogs in PSA. I’d like to try French ring or even Schutzhund. I am trying to get my dogs out there and have some fun. I would like to work towards trialing my dogs. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in AZ too and just got a pup I want to work once he's old enough. I was planning on AZ Outlaws PSA but I have NO IDEA what they are like. I was going to check them out though. My pup is only 11 wks and Outlaws was the only place that seems active in the general Phx(ish) area?? Have you ever trained with them? There is another PSA club closer to Mexico Border. Scottsdale Schutzhund Club and Copper State FR Club both seem closed??? Do you know? I reached out to both and never heard anything. Sigh. Both those clubs were very active just a few years ago so I am kind of bummed. Everywhere I reached out to...aside from Outlaws...never replied. Maybe someone else has some info for us.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi, I’ve done some homework and found a couple options. I’m sure there is more. These are the only places that responded. There’s two schutzhund trainers one in Gilbert and another in Queen Creek. I will be trying out the other trainer next week. I am meeting up with the PSA club in Sierra Vista next week. And they work closely with the Outlaw PSA. I have reached out to the copper state ring club with no response. I’ve called directly to hunter canine and they said they don’t offer bite work anymore. There is a place on Shea. They’re super knowledgeable but they do police dogs and I think personal protection.

· Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the information! Are the schutzhund trainers part of a club or just a lone trainer? Did you ever go to outlaw PSA? I wish I could PM but it will not let me. Sigh. Is it K9 Defense in Scottsdale? Thank you again

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
They do private lessons but both have a club as well for schutzhund. Yes it’s k9 defense in Shea they’re very welcoming and knowledgeable. For PSA I haven’t tried the outlaws but I am hoping to meet them next weekend. The Sierra vista and outlaws are training together. I was going to try to pm you as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts