Working Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I'm Dana, I'm 19 years old from Southern California. I've circulated on a ton of these forums over the years. I thought I'd post a quick resume so you all can get a feel for my experience (limited as it is) ........

- 9 Years showing dogs AKC (over 30 different breeds in all the groups, including Miscellaneous). Too many awards to list
- 4 Years training with Phoenix Field and Obedience Club in Obedience and Conformation
- Competing in AKC Obedience and Rally .... I've put a RN on one dog, and two legs on an RN on another dog. I've got 2 legs of a CD on my Rottie and about a dozen failures in the AKC Obedience ring that certainly count for something :) Also, CGC, TT
- German Style Showing in USRC, ARV, WDA and soon USA (next two weekends!) .... German Shepherds and Rottweilers
- Veterinary Assistant (ROP)
- Worked in dog rescue for 5+ years, fostering transporting, adoption shows, etc with both all breed and great dane rescue
- Worked in boarding kennel for over a year, taught low cost training classes for pet people
- Worked in grooming shop for 2+ years as bather/brusher
- Current member of USRC, ARC, USA, DVG

I did my first schutzhund seminar 4 years ago but was hooked on the sport when I first read about it. It wasn't until this last year that I was able to join a club and train regularly. I now work at a training academy and live on site as a trainer. Thus far I've put 2 BH's on my dogs and repeated a VPG 3 on a titled dog I purchased. I'm doing my second trial next month and will hopefully put another BH on a dog, an IPO3 on my titled dog, and a Breed Test on my Rott.

Oh yeah .... the dogs:
8 year old rescue GSD (house dog)
5 year old Male Rottweiler,
2 year old female Rottweiler
7 year old Male Malinois

With a Malinois puppy a couple months away! Don't be fooled though, I am a Rottie girl all the way. I just am having fun with the mals so I can play at a higher level of sport. I'm definately partial to the Rotts and hope to have a quality Rottweiler breeding program some day.

Anyways...I'm sure I've forgotten something along the way. I consider myself a newbie still so take my advice for what its worth. Hope this tells alittle about me and my experiences!

Dana

·
Registered
112 Posts
Unbelievable resume for such a young girl. 8) Dang that's awesome.

I am trying to get my 16 year old interested... but she can't see past boys right now… but my younger girlies, they all have learned the German commands and they take turns doing OB with my GSD. They fight over who can give her a toy or treat… but they aren’t allowed to give her anything without making her earn it. Hopefully one of them will take a serious interest one day.

Again… nice resume.

And if your a newbie, well then I'm just embarrassed :oops: or an embarrassment :eek:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks....its nice to finally be able to use my age on a forum. I remember when I was like 12 years old I started on a Rottie forum and didn't tell anyone my age for the first two years. Well in those two years I had people agreeing with what I said and was quite popular..... once they found out my age ... suddenally I wasn't qualified to comment. :roll:

I'm actually quite the diehard schutzhunder so its nice to have another forum I can bip around on when I'm not training. Always something good to learn :)

·
Banned
11,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Jeff Oehlsen said:
Quote:I'm actually quite the diehard schutzhunder so its nice to have another forum I can bip around on when I'm not training. Always something good to learn ........
Maybe you have heard of my Ringsport Revolution??? I think you are young enough that I might be able to get you saved before the evil Sch people instill their \"Full calm grip\" nonsense on you! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :p :p
OK, here goes: What exactly is Ringsport? Is it International Ringsport?

Is it the kind where there is no collar or leash?

Can I get more words so I can Google and find out myself?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think Jeff is pimping French Ringsport :)

And yes I will definately switch to Ringsport after I win the FCI worlds :) Maybe then all those NARA whiners will have fixed their club. Seriously, their worse than the schutzhund people! I read maybe 1/10 of the posts on the working malinois forum and their alittle too dramatic even for me!

Maybe I can talk YOU into the wonderful world of Schutzhund? :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,210 Posts
Dana Williams said:
I think Jeff is pimping French Ringsport :)....... :lol:
Oh, yes, I knew that! That's why I asked! :twisted: :twisted:

I am looking at an 18-month-old dog today ... with help coming along to assess.

We'll see!

·
Premium Member
21,868 Posts
:eek: !!!19yrs old!!! I've got dog collars older than you. :lol: :lol: :wink:
Nice resume! Welcome!

·
Registered
632 Posts
welcome to the forum Dana, and welcome to the world of the working dog handler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts