Working Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How quick is the E-Collar vs the Prong correction when heeling with a dog, obedience or protection?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts
How quick is the E-Collar vs the Prong correction when heeling with a dog, obedience or protection?
I think that it depends on a few factors, on how much quicker it could be.

it is quicker though I would say for sure, move one finger a fraction of an inch, as opposed to what it might take to correct on a pinch even with a tight leash, now imagine that leash has a little slack in it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Add to this, you are watching the dog, lead loose as it should be, is a seconds tug as opposed to a glance at the dog and then a glance at the e-collar?

·
Registered
11,318 Posts

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Point taken...

I meant to say press the button on the transmitter as opposed to a short tug on the line but guess it is immaterial. One benefit is one doen't have to carry the transmitter.

·
Registered
11,318 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
this depends entirely on the handler and their timing...

but with the technology we have these days, if your collar is in range and has good contact the stim should start the instant you press the button...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts